dish and local channels

patsfan72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
western mass
seeing as how my dma only has 2 dedicated stations(abc and nbc)and the rest we get out of hartford,why won't dish let the subs in our area get the hartford locals .(my area being the springfield /holyoke ma dma).i live in west springfield and really have no problems with OTA,but my parents live in the berkshires and OTA is nearly impossible for them(they can not pick up either springfields or albany's or hartfords signals).yet they still live within the springfield dma.i know by law we cannot get the locals from hartford but i just wish dish get on the ball and get everyone their locals.

They use to but due to court cases and appeals they lost the ability to supply distants/sig viewed

from the dishchannelchart

>>>ALL Significantly Viewed stations removed from subscribers' accounts on 12/1/06 due to the distant network injunction against Dish Network. Until Congress passes a new law, Dish Network may not sell any distant network (ABC CBS NBC or Fox) stations that are not part of the LOCAL area

Springfield has more than the two channels you speak of:

WWLP TV 22 NBC
WGGB TV 40 ABC
WGGB DT 40.2 Fox
--WFXQ CA 28
WDMR LP 51 Telemundo
WGBY TV 57 PBS
WSHP LP 67 CBS

There is another LP station in Springfield with MyTV on it, I can't find it right now.

See ya
Tony

If they live in Berkshire county, they can get the Albany DMA on Dish. If they live in the southeast Berkshire Direct will not sell them locals because of spot beam issues.

You make two really good points. OTA in the Bershires is challenging. I can get WFSB and WEDH in analog not in digital, no Springfield stations, WKTV from Utica digitally, but must point my antenna south to get WRGB (70% of the time).

Second, leaving aside significantly viewed, the law makes no sense. I should be allowed to get Boston stations like people can from cable. Getting local news from CT or upstate NY, infuriates me - not only is the news not important to my life but the stations have a strong conservative bias. Furthermore, my taxes pay in part for WGBH programming, and I should be entitled to watch it.

Springfield has more than the two channels you speak of:

WWLP TV 22 NBC
WGGB TV 40 ABC
WGGB DT 40.2 Fox
--WFXQ CA 28
WDMR LP 51 Telemundo
WGBY TV 57 PBS
WSHP LP 67 CBS

There is another LP station in Springfield with MyTV on it, I can't find it right now.

See ya
Tony

Tony
My Network is a secondary affiliation on the Fox station (40.2)
WGGB operates the area's primary Fox and secondary MyNetworkTV affiliate on its second digital subchannel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts