Dish and NHL-What's the problem?

I just had a talk with a CSR with the on line chat about this channel, CSNBA-HD, and he claim that this channel should be coming on DISH soon. I don't think I believe him since that was the same thing they told me two weeks before this. I reminded him that DISH should not call themselves "The Leader in HD" when they don't even have this channel, but Comcast and Direct TV do. The HD version of this channel has been on for a few years on Comcast and should be on now on DISH since this channel serves so many subs. It might be best to start complaing and emailing ceo @ echostar .com now if you want to see any Sharks hockey in HD. Tell them you want a discount on your bill since there are 23 other RSN that are available in HD on DISH but our RSN is not in HD and your bill is the same as everyone else. The Sharks are on CSNBA-HD three times next week and there is over 100 baseball games in HD this season and with the first month of the season almost over that number is dropping fast.

Last edited:
I attempted to watch the Sharks game 7 on Tuesday night on Versus HD but it was blacked out, of course! I called Dish and was told that the Sharks were responsible for the blackout and that Dish could do nothing about it! This blackout Bullsh!t agrivates the piss put of me, and Dish pointing the finger @ the Sharks, even if the owners chose CSN, displays their lack of motivation to ammend the situation. They better get some more satellites up quick!!

Try emailing the nhl and let them know. Perhaps they can resolve it. Bettman has a callin show on xm radio on thrusdays at 4pm edt that is also available on nhl. com

I just had a talk with a CSR with the on line chat about this channel, CSNBA-HD, and he claim that this channel should be coming on DISH soon.

FWIW, I contacted CSN-BA about this two weeks ago, and they said the same thing: that the channel will be turned on (which I assume only refers to HD game broadcasts, not 24-7) in the near future. (Exact words.)

At least both sides are on the same page. If there was a holdup over money, I would think that CSN-BA and Dish would be pointing fingers at each other.

They do the same to us here in the buffalo area, only worse. The sabres games are on the MSG Network. Home games were in hd for Direct and TWC subs, but not for us dish subs. So basically we had lousy SD picture quality all season long, unless they were on VS or NBC (HD OTA because dish hasn't launched that locally yet, but supposedly next month).

I can assure you I will not watch them in SD next year, whereas I will move over to Directv if Dish doesn't finally pick up all the HD feeds.

+1

From one island guy to another.

Problems with 625 after lightning storm

all american direct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts