Dish and NHL-What's the problem?

Logansneo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
San Jose, Ca
I live in San Jose and would love to watch ALL of the Sharks games in HD, but 2 factors are stacking against me: (1) I have the HD stand alone pack and (2) the Sharks seem to have made a deal with Comcast to broadcast MOST of their games in HD through CSN, effectivly screwing me out of see most of the playoff games. Anybody have a suggestion?

All you can do is subscribe to the package that has your local regional sports networks, which is the Top 100 Plus package I believe. There is no telling when CSNBA will be available in HD on Dish, I have been waiting as well.

I live in San Jose and would love to watch ALL of the Sharks games in HD,...
I don't know about your area, but here in Colorado Dish broadcasts all the home AV's games in HD (on Altitude) and all the away games in SD (either on Altitude-SD or Vs or some other SD channel). This doesn't help me much since we have season tickets and see all the home games in HD anyway (because we're AT them!)

BTW, The AV's games in HD look great, in SD the games are almost unwatchable. Horrible, horrible picture quality.

I live in Santa Cruz County, and also have been waiting and hoping for FSNBA (and now CSNBA) HD. I am hoping that Dish might want to help out all of us Sharks fans and bring us HD soon!

I don't know about your area, but here in Colorado Dish broadcasts all the home AV's games in HD (on Altitude) and all the away games in SD (either on Altitude-SD or Vs or some other SD channel). This doesn't help me much since we have season tickets and see all the home games in HD anyway (because we're AT them!)

BTW, The AV's games in HD look great, in SD the games are almost unwatchable. Horrible, horrible picture quality.

Right now, none of the games on Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area are broadcast in HD (A's Giants, Warriors & Sharks). There has been no indication when or if they will turn on the HD game broadcasts on Dish.

Here in Sacramento, we do get Kings games in HD on Comcast Sportsnet West, only the home games. Road games were all in SD. All other programming except live Kings home games is in SD.

Would it make any sense to gather up names of those who would like to see the Sharks in HD and send them to Dish?

Would it make any sense to gather up names of those who would like to see the Sharks in HD and send them to Dish?

They do the same to us here in the buffalo area, only worse. The sabres games are on the MSG Network. Home games were in hd for Direct and TWC subs, but not for us dish subs. So basically we had lousy SD picture quality all season long, unless they were on VS or NBC (HD OTA because dish hasn't launched that locally yet, but supposedly next month).

I can assure you I will not watch them in SD next year, whereas I will move over to Directv if Dish doesn't finally pick up all the HD feeds.

They do the same to us here in the buffalo area, only worse. The sabres games are on the MSG Network. Home games were in hd for Direct and TWC subs, but not for us dish subs. So basically we had lousy SD picture quality all season long, unless they were on VS or NBC (HD OTA because dish hasn't launched that locally yet, but supposedly next month).

I can assure you I will not watch them in SD next year, whereas I will move over to Directv if Dish doesn't finally pick up all the HD feeds.

Another thing that is frustrating is when ESPN has a Giants or A's game in HD but it is blackout locally on ESPN because CSNBA has the rights to the game, and it is only shown in SD because of Dish's lack of CSNBA-HD carriage.

Right now, none of the games on Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area are broadcast in HD (A's Giants, Warriors & Sharks). There has been no indication when or if they will turn on the HD game broadcasts on Dish.

Here in Sacramento, we do get Kings games in HD on Comcast Sportsnet West, only the home games. Road games were all in SD. All other programming except live Kings home games is in SD.

What's really goofy is that I get CSN-West in HD, yet as far as I can tell the only HD it shows are those Sacramento Kings games. Which are blacked out for me because I'm smack dab in the middle of the Bay Area.

So, if anyone is listening at Dish, I have in my program guide:

One (1) available HD channel that carries no HD for my market, plus:
One (1) unavailable, but uplinked for over a year, HD channel that has all the HD for my market.

This equation does not compute.

What's really goofy is that I get CSN-West in HD, yet as far as I can tell the only HD it shows are those Sacramento Kings games. Which are blacked out for me because I'm smack dab in the middle of the Bay Area.

So, if anyone is listening at Dish, I have in my program guide:

One (1) available HD channel that carries no HD for my market, plus:
One (1) unavailable, but uplinked for over a year, HD channel that has all the HD for my market.

This equation does not compute.

My guess is when/if CSNBA-HD is 'turned on" it will only be a part-time or "game only" HD channel like CSN West. CSN West is only HD for the live Sacramento Kings home games.

I attempted to watch the Sharks game 7 on Tuesday night on Versus HD but it was blacked out, of course! I called Dish and was told that the Sharks were responsible for the blackout and that Dish could do nothing about it! This blackout Bullsh!t agrivates the piss put of me, and Dish pointing the finger @ the Sharks, even if the owners chose CSN, displays their lack of motivation to ammend the situation. They better get some more satellites up quick!!

I already e-mailed Dish about this months ago and received their automated 'thank you for your inquiry' e-mail. At this point there is probably not much anyone can do but wait or switch to another provider.

I already e-mailed Dish about this months ago and received their automated 'thank you for your inquiry' e-mail. At this point there is probably not much anyone can do but wait or switch to another provider.

You're probably right. Charlie doesn't give a rat's a$$ about any sports, let alone hockey. And when he does react, he is generally a day late and a dollar short. It's almost like he waits until everyone is really pi$$ed off and he has already lost any possibility of gratitude by the time he decides to catch up with Directv.

I don't know if this is all ego or a power play for a better deal for Charlie, but Dish has always been a distant 2nd in sports...

It's almost like early adopter angst! Not enough HDTV penetration in the market for dish to be as concerned as they should be, and those of us who jumped onboard "early" shoulder the responsability of puting the screws to Dish to support channels we want! I've done this dance before. It's OLD and slow, and most likely unavoidable. Sucks!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)