DISH and OTA HD...which antenna?

It all depends on your signal strength coming from the TV station. The only way to know is to try it . I know that the antenna gets a strong signal for its small size. Also it has about a 60 degree reception cone off the front so you have some flexibility on pointing it. It doesn't get any signal from the backside like a regular antenna. By the way diplexing is not hard. You just put F connectors on the cable and then thread them on the diplexers. Its very straight forward. Your method will work too as long as you don't mind the antennas sitting around and you may not need the preamp since the antenna will be so close to the tv.

I'd give your existing antenna a try since you have nothing to lose, if the previous owner was using it for analog they usually will already be positioned for digital. Heck if they put it up in 2003 they might have been using it for HD themselves.

If it worked I'd go with the diplexor idea, i've read they don't lose much signal since they aren't splitting the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)