Dish and Packet 8 VOIP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

illin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
I was a bit concerned that having VOIP was going to earn me a $5 bonus charge from Dish for not being able to dial out.

I have had Packet 8 VOIP now for three years. No land line phone....beautiful.

Yesterday, the tech hooked everything up and we decided to give it a go. First dial test was good. I was stunned.

Today I went into diagnostics and did a phone test. It dialed out and spent a couple minutes "updating smart card information". Completed successfully. I walked over to talk to my neighbor that has Dish and his also works trough his VOIP which is Charter phone. So that is two providers where it is working fine.

So, to clear up some mis-information int he archives here, Packet 8 seems to be working just fine now with Dish.

I have a cable Internet connection and my VOIP quality is 3.8 with low jitter.

Had Packet 8 for 2 days and always got a ECHO
Pactet 8 Service could not help the problem,I feel the problem is at their main office in Calif...Tried to Cancal packet 8 and it took a tad over 3 weeks and about 20 phone calls.Yes everytime I spoken to someone they said they will cancel my service but nobody ever did untill I go sooooo annoyed then they did it.Reason they didnot cancel my service was because they packet 8 thought if they can get me pass the 1st months 0f Free service then I will be in a 1 years contract so they kept putting me off.They are a very low life company...
I have ATT callvantage at $24.99 a month Unlimeted service.The service connection is in New Jersey and never had a ECHO at all since the 2 years that I have had ATT.....
I am glad that I got ATT and the people that want Voip sould get a service from a big company not like packet8 or vonage..........JT

I am glad that I got ATT and the people that want Voip sould get a service from a big company not like packet8 or vonage..........JT

Excuse you but Vonage works just peachy. I have had it for over 3 years without issue.

NetWhiz

Excuse you but Vonage works just peachy. I have had it for over 3 years without issue.

NetWhiz

Ditto. I intended this as a note for folks that may be curious if they will have dial issues, or had dial issues in the past.

I have been with Packet 8 for over three years and have been very happy with the performance and service.

illin, what receiver are you using and also are you using a prefix to dial out. Have not been able to get my 921 or 721's to dial out with P8. Thanks for any help in advance.

Most of the adapters I've seen with Packet8 are configured not to use g711u. Calling Packet8 didn't help either. When the receiver was switched to a g711u provider it dialed out just fine.

Iv'e got SunRocket and it doesn't work with the 622. My 508 works fine with no issues. The whole thing makes me crazy. I even switched out the 622 and it made no difference. ;-(

I am actually on one of the OLD DTA-310's from P8. Receiver is a new 622. No issues at all.

BTW, what does the *99# do? Is that a force into a slower mode, or some kind of signal to your VOIP carrier?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)