DISH and Sinclair extend contract talks (Update 8/25 Stations Removed)

View attachment 109397 I work for SBG stations and got this e-mail from my GM. This makes it seem as if DISH broke off negotiations. I hope this dispute doesn't last long, it's a little awkward for me as an employee and subscriber. Luckily I have OTA.

Funny as Dish is on TV right now stating it was Sinclair that pulled the channel. Dish also claims they offered to let the channel stand while they negotiate.

Wall Street Journal also says it was Sinclair that pulled the channels. http://www.wsj.com/articles/sinclair-broadcast-pulls-tv-signals-from-dish-network-1440544047 Wall Street stated that it was Sinclair and this was confirmed by Sinclair General Counsel Barry Faber.

Personally, I think your station manager is lying. At some point I am going to ring up the local channel and rip them a good one. Now the person answering the phone is not the cause, but this total greed is getting out of hand.

Last edited:
Funny as Dish is on TV write now stating it was Sinclair that pulled the channel. Dish also claims they offered to let the channel stand while they negotiate.

Wall Street Journal also says it was Sinclair that pulled the channels. http://www.wsj.com/articles/sinclair-broadcast-pulls-tv-signals-from-dish-network-1440544047 Wall Street stated that it was Sinclair and this was confirmed by Sinclair General Counsel Barry Faber.
Just a thing...wright vs ri
Funny as Dish is on TV write now stating it was Sinclair that pulled the channel. Dish also claims they offered to let the channel stand while they negotiate.

Personally, I think your station manager is lying. At some point I am going to ring up the local channel and rip them a good one. Now the person answering the phone is not the cause, but this total greed is getting out of hand.
"right" now...don't want to a be a spelling narc but...

WUTV FOX29 and WNYO MyTV Ch. 49 both off the air in Buffalo, NY DMA. Fortunately there are only 2 Bills games on Fox this year and this won't be much of an issue until the October 4th game against the Giants.

I hate these disputes, imo it's no different than someone airing their dirty laundry.

I'm not home to see what I lost. I think my Fox might be gone, but I still have Broadcast Basic cable, so no big deal here.
Stick it to them Charlie.

Lost KTUL and don't understand why local broadcasters are able to control what you are able to receive on satellite. You can receive their signals free with an antenna, and I do not think the local broadcasters through laws should be able to control whether you are able to purchase a distant local channel over satellite.

One person tried calling the station using the number Dish is giving in the guide and it goes straight to voicemail with an anti-Dish message.

Lost NBC and FOX here. But it's early in the week. I'll wait it out a little bit. BUT......if I miss a football game, it'll be adios Dish & the Comcast guy will be here soon after! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)