DISH and Sinclair extend contract talks (Update 8/25 Stations Removed)

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH and Sinclair extend contract talks

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DISH Network L.L.C. and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. have agreed to a short term contract extension as they continue to negotiate a new retransmission agreement. The current agreement was set to expire at 9:59 p.m. MDT last night.

The extension preserves DISH customer access to 153 local channels in 79 markets nationwide.

DISH is asking the Federal Communications Commission to stay action on its Verified Retransmission Complaint and Request for Preliminary Injunctive Relief as the two parties continue to negotiate.

"We appreciate that we have mutually created time to try to find the right path to serve consumers," said Warren Schlichting, DISH senior vice president of programming.

Dish, Sinclair avoid blackout with contract extension
Aug 16 2015, 10:27 ET | By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor http://seekingalpha.com/news/2730886-dish-sinclair-avoid-blackout-with-contract-extension#email_lin

Easing a standoff that threatened access to local TV channels, Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH) and Sinclair Broadcast Group (NASDAQ:SBGI) have agreed on a short-term retransmission contract extension as they negotiate an agreement to replace the current accord.
Dish has also asked the FCC to stay action on its complaint filed Saturday which stated Sinclair violated good faith negotiation requirements and threatened "the largest local channel blackout in retransmission history."

Dish, Sinclair avoid blackout with contract extension
Aug 16 2015, 10:27 ET | By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor http://seekingalpha.com/news/2730886-dish-sinclair-avoid-blackout-with-contract-extension#email_lin

Easing a standoff that threatened access to local TV channels, Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH) and Sinclair Broadcast Group (NASDAQ:SBGI) have agreed on a short-term retransmission contract extension as they negotiate an agreement to replace the current accord.
Dish has also asked the FCC to stay action on its complaint filed Saturday which stated Sinclair violated good faith negotiation requirements and threatened "the largest local channel blackout in retransmission history."
no they were ready to rumble

Sinclair KTUL gone in Tulsa with a Dish loop explaining they're not at fault.

Edit. So nice of Dish to pull the guide info too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yeah, same crap here. We lose Fox. BFD until after 9/21/2015. Nothing on that I care one whit about watching. I've already let my local Fox know what I think and their response indicated they didn't appreciate my odd sense of humor... :)

Reactions: Elkview and osu1991
I could get Fox OTA but won't. Either this gets settled by 9/21 or I don't watch them at all. Never have watched them much to begin with. I might watch just to find out which local businesses advertise on them and email them a little note about how they are really ripping US off. Remember in all this, it isn't Dish that's going to pay more, it is US!

Reactions: oljim
Fox66 in Flint is off. I can't get it over the air since I live in the thumb. I hope it will be on by football time. Why was only on of the three channel pulled

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)