Dish and universal hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Have not heard anything! I know they are talking with ESPN about maybeing addind ESPN2HD!

Universal HD is just Bravo HD rebroadcasted / renamed. Since Dish doesn't have Bravo HD, I doubt it will have universal hd anytime in the near future.

Charlie said on a Investors conf call that Dish won't be adding any more HD channels until they switch to MPEG4. So don't expect to see universal until then.

Unless of course Charlie was wrong.

Cyclone said:
Charlie said on a Investors conf call that Dish won't be adding any more HD channels until they switch to MPEG4. So don't expect to see universal until then.

Unless of course Charlie was wrong.

Which time????? :D

Charlie wa just talking. Dish is not incapable of adding a couple HD channels today.

So let's put on the pressure to add the channel below :)

BFG said:
Charlie wa just talking. Dish is not incapable of adding a couple HD channels today.

So let's put on the pressure to add the channel below :)

And how about Adding NBC HD like DirectTV already does!!!!! :D

Francisco

You know, I am really bummed out about the idea and likelihood that Dish will not add any more HD until the switch to MPEG4. That's going to be a good wait, and I can't just pick up and move over to DirectTV. I got in on one of those free 510's in exchange for a committment to maintain a subscription to Dish for two more years. That was almost one year ago. I have a little more than a year to go. I wonder if Dish worked it around that way. So now they know exactly how much "churn" they will get during the next two years.

Stacy A,

Thanks for joining the "Bummed Out Club". Since our inception, we have approx. 10 million customers that are bummed out over something. We take pride in our patience as customers, to look forward to new programming and services that we don't want, or will ever use. And as an added bonus for signing that 2 year agreement for that receiver, you will also receive 2 years of software updates that will never fix the bugs that plage that receiver, ultimately bumming you out in the process. As the world turns, and the days pass, our club will continue to grow, showing signs that we will be just as bummed out later. Once again, thanks for joining, and have a bummed out day. :D :) :D :) :D :)

Horsnuts said:
Stacy A,

Thanks for joining the "Bummed Out Club". Since our inception, we have approx. 10 million customers that are bummed out over something. We take pride in our patience as customers, to look forward to new programming and services that we don't want, or will ever use. And as an added bonus for signing that 2 year agreement for that receiver, you will also receive 2 years of software updates that will never fix the bugs that plage that receiver, ultimately bumming you out in the process. As the world turns, and the days pass, our club will continue to grow, showing signs that we will be just as bummed out later. Once again, thanks for joining, and have a bummed out day. :D :) :D :) :D :)

I'll say amen to that!!!! :rolleyes:

Hello. My name is Stacy A and I'm a subscriber to Dish...

(My intro to "Dish sub's anonymous")

Remember, the first step to getting better is admitting your mistake.

Sign me up for the bummed club. One year ago Dish had more HD offerings for me than D*. But today D* has passed them and with Universal HD showing things like SG1 and Battle Star Galctica in HD that is not only HD but HD of a show I plan to watch.

Well I'm bummed that D* has Universal. But E* still has the edge in my book.

We have TNT-HD which is driving the D* sports fans crazy.
D* HD STBs still cost new sbus $300 while you can get a "functioning" E* box for free.
E* is compressing less than D* is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts