Dish anywhere and Linux?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My first attempt was at 2:18pm, after reading this thread. No go.

And now it just worked.

One of our accounts started working about 15 minutes ago and the main account just started working now, so it's apparently a gradual process. :)

If you don't mind could you tell me what version of the player app you're using. Mine is doing some weird stuff and isn't working. The player starts and then the screen gets very dark and stays stuck on 'Loading Video Player'.

I tried to get an update screen but was not successful so I uninstalled it and got the prompt to download, which I did. I installed what downloaded V 2.1.6.429 which did the same thing. So I uninstalled again and then when I selected Watch Live TV I got a Windows message to look for the app in the Windows Store, which doesn't have any Dish apps available. So I re-installed the player file I downloaded earlier today and it still doesn't work. Tried Firefox and IE and it does the same thing. The last time I checked a few weeks ago it worked fine. Glad I don't rely on it. :)
I was having Dish Anywhere problems earlier today. When I saw this thread, I thought there was a new version of Dish Anywhere, so I uninstalled the Dish Anywhere Player and the Dish Anywhere Video Player. When I started Dish Anywhere, I saw a message saying there was a new version of Dish Anywhere and I installed it.

After installing the "new" player, I found that it installed version 2.29.3 of Dish Anywhere Video Player, and version 2.1.6.429 of Dish Anywhere Player. Those were the same versions that I had installed in early February...so they are not new versions.

BTW, Dish Anywhere started working again a couple of hours later.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSheridan
I just updated mine, plays Live TV no problem but for DVR it says "
Your Recordings are not available at this time.
If you have recordings, they will display in a moment when they are loaded."

I had some access problems over lunch with DA on my iPhone. I was afraid I had several corrupted recordings.

I just tried DA on my Windows 8.1 laptop and it worked ok streaming from both of our Hoppers. The FireTVstick also works ok. I don't know if there were any problems earlier today. I tested both live TV and DVR streams. The apps were a little slow when switching Hoppers, but that could be an Internet function, since they're on different services.

I just updated mine, plays Live TV no problem but for DVR it says "
Your Recordings are not available at this time.
If you have recordings, they will display in a moment when they are loaded."
The same thing happens to me regularly when I use Firefox or Edge with windows 10. The funny thing is, when this happens, if I try the same thing with my iPhone (viewing the recordings) it works all the time.

I noticed that if I briefly play back one of the recordings on my iPhone, then switch back to my windows computer, the missing recordings will suddenly show up and I can play them.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)