Dish Anywhere App and streaming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I am not able to stream programs on my DVR. They either play at lousy quality or skip and stutter. I have sling adapter plugged in to my 722 receiver and the receiver is plugged ethernet in to my Netgear wireless N router. Is there anything I can tweak in the router or anything I can do? Thanks.

What is your download and upload speed at home? Are you streaming from home or outside of your home when you see these quality issues? What is the download speed of your connection when you are streaming outside of your home?

Are you trying to stream content on the DVR itself or Sling content to a device? What is your home upload and download speeds? You can get that info by running a test on speedtest.net

I am trying to stream programs that were recorded on my dvr. My home internet gets about 3 mb up and 1mb down. I am using an ipad 2 in my house when I try this.

Would this be the case also if I am in my house on the same network as my Dish Sling? What is the minimum speed for HQ?

Would this be the case also if I am in my house on the same network as my Dish Sling? What is the minimum speed for HQ?

It seems very odd for the upload speed to be higher than the download speed. If you did run the test on speedtest.net please run it again it sounds like there was an error. Are you logging into your WiFi network?

What Stephen was getting at is this... Are you SURE you're on your local wifi router? I think iPad2's can be on either your local wifi, or on your provider's cell phone towers. If it's on the latter, then your upstream bandwidth (1Mbps?) would apply.

I am trying to stream programs that were recorded on my dvr. My home internet gets about 3 mb up and 1mb down. I am using an ipad 2 in my house when I try this.

And I personally didn't know iPad Sling streaming was possible in HD. If this were a remote PC, then that definitely needs more than 1Mbps. SD should work OK for you, though 1Mbps is somewhat marginal even for SD.

What Stephen was getting at is this... Are you SURE you're on your local wifi router? I think iPad2's can be on either your local wifi, or on your provider's cell phone towers. If it's on the latter, then your upstream bandwidth (1Mbps?) would apply.

And I personally didn't know iPad Sling streaming was possible in HD. If this were a remote PC, then that definitely needs more than 1Mbps. SD should work OK for you, though 1Mbps is somewhat marginal even for SD.

You can do "High Quality (HQ)" on a tablet. The stated minimum needed is 500 kbps upload for that. If you just have the minimum you will most likely encounter the picture freezing.

When I try to use my ipad on the Dish App I am at home on the same network as my DVR/Sling adapter. My upload is almost 1mb. I just tried to play the program and it will not load. This has happened a lot. The status bar gets stuck at almost all the way loaded and stops.

When I try to use my ipad on the Dish App I am at home on the same network as my DVR/Sling adapter. My upload is almost 1mb. I just tried to play the program and it will not load. This has happened a lot. The status bar gets stuck at almost all the way loaded and stops.

Did you run the test on Speedtest.net? Please provide me the results. Is there anything else on your network using up bandwidth? Have you reset your device?

Results are 3.22 down and .82 up. Nothing else is using much bandwith on my network. I ahave not reset device or equipment lately.

Yes, I want you to unplug the receiver (ViP722) from the power for 15 seconds. I also want you to reset/reboot your iPad by holding down the power and home buttons until it does so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)