Dish Anywhere App for Apple TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
It would be really cool if DISH developed an App for the Apple TV. What do you think?
Other cable companies are apparently dragging their feet, DISH already has one for iOS devices, why not make one for Apple TV?

and Roku as well.... But then I think they aren't going to do this because it would be easy to "share" your service to TVs around the world....

and Roku as well.... But then I think they aren't going to do this because it would be easy to "share" your service to TVs around the world....
You mean like how they can share the same using a mobile or tablet.

In reality dish don't want to do it so it can force people to pay them equipment charges per month for 2nd TV. eg....if you can get TV 2 via Roku/appletv...why you will get Joey and pay $7 to Dish per month for the same thing.

It's one thing to watch my programming on my iPad. It's quite another thing to watch my programming on a 70" TV in Darmstadt, Germany. I do agree with you about extra receivers and $7 charges....

You can always do AirPlay with AppleTV and an iPhone, iPad, or a Mac.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You mean like how they can share the same using a mobile or tablet.

In reality dish don't want to do it so it can force people to pay them equipment charges per month for 2nd TV. eg....if you can get TV 2 via Roku/appletv...why you will get Joey and pay $7 to Dish per month for the same thing.
No worries..they would charge for the roku app too

Can the Anywhere app be used remotely on ipad via hdmi hookup?

Does the picture fill the whole HDTV screen like Netflix or a smaller part of screen like other apps such as Amazon Prime?

Does the picture fill the whole HDTV screen like Netflix or a smaller part of screen like other apps such as Amazon Prime?

Amazon prime fills smaller screen. I am surprised. The app I have on roku fills the whole screen. Don't know about Apple tv though

Exactly why an Apple TV or Roku app should be released. If Dish were really trying to prevent you from watching Dish remotely, they would not have enabled Airplay.
I agree, I was just pointing out that if one wanted to watch on AppleTV it was feasible at this point.

I dont think APPLE TV supports the Flash format that Sling uses.
No iOS device that I know of supports flash. So, I wouldn't think there would be a technical reason that they couldn't release an AppleTV app. I.E, if they can port it to an iOS device, it could work on AppleTV.

I believe it converts to HTML before sending.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts