Dish Anywhere App for Kindle Fire?

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
I read (in the awesome CES coverage here on Satguys) that Dish is releasing the Dish Anywhere App for Kindle Fire tablets - and wondered if anyone knew when that was expected to be released (and not SOON we all know how that goes). I made the mistake of telling my 8 year old daughter it was coming out so she could watch her shows on her tablet and now she is asking about it daily.

I'm waiting for it too! I just purchased a kindle fire based on this press release. Couldn't wait so I "side loaded" the android app and it works ok, crashes at startup sometimes. Can't wait for the official app.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't know what's taking them so long. You make a Amazon Account takes them a few hours to approved it.

Then you upload the APK file takes them a few days (2 or 3) to review the file and then it is released in the Amazon App Store.

If dish would send me the APK file I could upload it and have it in the App Store by the weekend.

The last android APK does not work on my Fire, had to go back one release. Maybe it has to do with the sling transfer capability. Scott's SatGuys app works perfect on the Fire and readily available as a native Fire app, go figure.

If it were mine I would have side loaded it already. Since the tablet is used by an 8 year old I do not want apps crashing or other side effects. She can wait for the official release.

Do they have to make changes to the latest release for the transfers to work with the KF? I have been using side loaded versions for a few years but the latest version APK 3.1.16 has some issues. It loads but on my KF the tabs at the bottom for transfers are missing. I have conf'd this is the version the Google Play has for Android.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)