Dish Anywhere App For Rokus?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glenwms

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
NC
Just wondering if there are any rumors/plans for Dish to release a Dish Anywhere app for Rokus, or other Internet-connected streaming devices? It's been a while, but I remember someone posting a screenshot of the app on a connected TV.

Um, yeah, that is only for the very expensive Slingbox, and then we get to spend even MORE on the connected device.

However, I too thought it would be nice if there were an app, but I suspect DishAnywhere will always be limited to On-line as it would probably cost Dish MORE for the rights outside of PC on-line to streaming device, and Dish figures they offer the Dish Sling option for your DVR content. Besides, sometimes Dish Anywhere redirects to Hulu or other streaming services, so they don't have the rights to stream it directly to a device. Nice to dream anyway we could see Dish Anywhere on TV without having to connect a PC. Google Cast could be a solution in the future, but I don't think it would support it now, would it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)