Joining a recorded show with a Joey?

SarKen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
MA
I do not think this is possible, but maybe I am missing somthing.

I would like to join a recorded show that is currently being viewed on the Hopper with one my Joeys. I would like to do this while doing stuff around the house, currently I have to stop the show and start it back up in each room.

Thanks.

I just tried it. I had a recorded program going on my Hopper and attempted to join it on a Joey. I was offered a Start Over on the Joey, but not a Join. I actually had the same program going on both receivers from the same recording but at different spots....

I just tried it. I had a recorded program going on my Hopper and attempted to join it on a Joey. I was offered a Start Over on the Joey, but not a Join. I actually had the same program going on both receivers from the same recording but at different spots....
I tried that aswell. Also, tried under the TV activity screen with no luck.

I think this got brought up when the Hopper first came out and it never did work that way. You can join a show that's being watched live but not one that's being played back.

I dont see why it be that hard for the engineers to design that in. For me though its just as easy to stop watching a recorded show on my downstairs Hopper, turn off my Hopper, go to one of my upstairs Joeys, turn that system on, select the same recording, and pick up where it was when I stopped it last.

This sounds like something engineers wouldn't have thought about because the logic of the Whole Home is multiple users not a single user playing the same recording show on all TV's simultaneously. It would be a nice extra feature. I could see using that myself from time to time, but I do think in falls into the realm of a "niche" feature. I suppose we are stuck starting the recording on each TV we want to watch it on and manually get them synched up pretty much and then letting them play. Then, of course, if we skip back on one or skip forward, we would be out of sync.

I'm glad they at least half the "playlist" feature.

Many times I have paused watching a program in one room, gone to another with a Joey pressed the dvr button, maneuvered to the dvr with the recording and pressed Select. One of the options is Resume.

Many times I have paused watching a program in one room, gone to another with a Joey pressed the dvr button, maneuvered to the dvr with the recording and pressed Select. One of the options is Resume.

Right. But I think the OP wants a single instance of a playback that he can have on multiple TV's at the same time going from room to room and having them all "synched" as a single viewer experience. As I said a niche feature. I don't think Dish is ever going to pursue this one as they view the Hopper as a MULTIPLE viewer/user system for each INDIVIDUAL having their own/separate experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)