Dish Anywhere App "Your Device isn't compatible with this version"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Canesman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2015
Chicago
I recently had my Android tablet fixed. They had to reinstall the operating system which made me lose all my apps including Dish Anywhere.

I tried to re-download in the Google play store but instead of giving me an option of installing it says "Your Device isn't compatible with this version."

Is anyone else having problems like this? How can this be resolved?

Thanks in advance.

I recently had my Android tablet fixed. They had to reinstall the operating system which made me lose all my apps including Dish Anywhere.

I tried to re-download in the Google play store but instead of giving me an option of installing it says "Your Device isn't compatible with this version."

Is anyone else having problems like this? How can this be resolved?

Thanks in advance.
What device?

I have Android version 5.0.1.

And I tried calling dish customer service, Google play and emailed Dish.AppSupport@dish.com and STILL have not heard back from someone who could help me out here.

It is getting really frustrating...

While being connected to your home wifi, try pairing your tablet with your hopper through the hoppers Mobile Device tool (under settings). Once verified, then try launching the DishAnywhere app on your tablet.

This worked for my old Galaxy3 tablet after a very long dormant period for this app. I think it's an authentication step to allow the app to launch properly. It works perfectly now.

Reactions: bmetelsky
Might be a manufacturer issue, seeing same complaint on other forum about this tablet & several from ASUS. Could be something in the software upgrades. I can use several different Android versions on numerous phones, tablets, etc. & all are working with Anywhere - none are Asus but one is a Lenovo (which makes the Yoga too) & it's working, so might be something specific in the latest Yoga software. Didn't I read that the Nexus streaming player also wouldn't run the Anywhere app (or Amazon, or Vudu) even though it's Android?

Reactions: Canesman