Dish Anywhere App

Never mind I just found it. For those that are trying to find audio only mode, you have to click the "SQ or HQ" icon and then you'll see audio only.

Last edited:
Yes it does have an audio only mode. When you start playback on the desired show tap the screen to bring up the playback options. Where it says SQ or HQ tap that button to change the setting and the audio only mode will be in that pop up.

Yes it does have an audio only mode. When you start playback on the desired show tap the screen to bring up the playback options. Where it says SQ or HQ tap that button to change the setting and the audio only mode will be in that pop up.

A weird place to put this option but is a really nice feature! Good job Dish!

Sorry to revive old thread, but I followed the steps here and still don't see the audio only option.

I'm using v4.1.4 of the iPhone app and have a 722 with the Sling adapter.

Thanks.

If you have the latest version of the app, pick whichever is showing, SQ OR HQ then instead of changing the quality of the broadcast, there is a third choice, audio only. I agree with everyone somewhat of odd place for it. Though if you think about all choices are controlling bandwidth.

I tried that but I don't have the 'audio only' option. I only have a button to change quality and a Cancel button.

Could this be because I have a 722 and not a Hopper?

You clicked the quality button and what options did you see listed? Hq and Sq only?

Yes, just one of those two options, and cancel.
photo (2).jpg

I've not seen that pop up. I've obviously seen the pop up for the selection, just not that one.

How can you test upload quality of an internet connection or be able to ping it where the sling device is? Mine keeps trying to drop out. I see the bandwidth number in the app drop as the picture is dropping out then the number goes back up as the picture quality improves to come back. I have nothing else running at the location.

How is your receiver with the sling adapter hooked into your network? If it's wireless you may want to see how congested the wireless network frequencies are in your area. Personally i would recommend running a network cable to the receiver if at all possible or use powerline networking over using wireless networking for things like streaming HD video.

Basically be at that location and do a speed test. If you had another location to connect to you could compare the two with where you are being the constant. (Wherever I am my Fl connection is faster than my Ct) You can use the location's IP address and ping it also.

I have done a speed test at both locations and get 15-20 MB download and 1.5-2 MB upload with pings around 20-60 ms at each location and that is consistent. The receiver the sling is connected to is hardwired to the network. I have no problems at either location with watching streaming video. When I do a command prompt ping test that is only pinging download from a website I assume along with the speedtest.net site. How do I test upload ping and quality? How do I find the location's ping address to ping it?

Have been using dish anywhere with sling adapter on desktop computer with good results. In the last week dish anywhere does not work with one computer. It works fine with other computers as well as with a Nexxus tablet.
On that one computer dish anywhere responds with a screen saying technical difficuties that they are aware of and to try back later.
What can I do?

Have been using dish anywhere with sling adapter on desktop computer with good results. In the last week dish anywhere does not work with one computer. It works fine with other computers as well as with a Nexxus tablet.
On that one computer dish anywhere responds with a screen saying technical difficuties that they are aware of and to try back later.
What can I do?

Try clearing cookies, cache, temp internet files, ect. I have to do that from time to time. Then all is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts