Dish Anywhere.com Beta

One thing I noticed between Dish Online/Dish Anywhere is there is no episode # count on the Dish Anywhere site. I happen to like knowing how many episodes are available for a series and not clicking and find out there are only two episodes. Also I don't like the fact that it just calls my DVR HPR2000 when DishOnline has the Hoppers named. (I'm sure this will eventually be added to DishAnywhere) I couldn't get the service to recognize my sling adapters today.

One thing I noticed between Dish Online/Dish Anywhere is there is no episode # count on the Dish Anywhere site. I happen to like knowing how many episodes are available for a series and not clicking and find out there are only two episodes. Also I don't like the fact that it just calls my DVR HPR2000 when DishOnline has the Hoppers named. (I'm sure this will eventually be added to DishAnywhere) I couldn't get the service to recognize my sling adapters today.

The reciever nicknames show up for me on Dish Anywhere. Are they still showing up on Dish Online accurately or maybe dish online shows HPR2000 right now as well.

It recognizes My living room Hopper but it does not the Bedroom Hopper and that is the one where the sling is and where its hooked up to the net

Mine shows as a 722k, which is right, but my 922 shows as a 722s. It works fine, just the nickname is not there, or the correct name.

I just tried the new dishanywhere site and it is pretty cool! It works very well for me except that the volume is stuck at maximum and there is no way to adjust it. I tried dragging the mouse over the volume indicator, but the volume stays at max.

Does refreshing the page or logging out and back in help? What browser are you using?

Refreshing the page and logging out and back in does not help. I am using Firefox.

The reciever nicknames show up for me on Dish Anywhere. Are they still showing up on Dish Online accurately or maybe dish online shows HPR2000 right now as well.

Just logged out and back in on dishanywhere.com and Hopper "Kevin" shows up but Hopper "Russ" still displays as HPR2000 so I went over to dishonline.com to see how they appear there and they are named correctly and not showing up as HPR2000.

I played around with my sling adapters for a few minutes since I have one on each Hopper and this is what I noticed.

At DishOnline.com Hopper "Russ" was named correctly and slinged without a problem where at DishAnywhere.com where Hopper "Russ" displayed as HPR2000 I kept getting the prompt to purchase or connect a sling adapter.

Hopper "Kevin" name displayed fine at DishAnywhere.com after logging back in and I was able to sling just fine from that receiver.

Yesterday, when I was trying to sling I was getting this same error/prompt at DishAnywhere.com from both Hoppers when the names displayed as HPR2000.

Just logged out and back in on dishanywhere.com and Hopper "Kevin" shows up but Hopper "Russ" still displays as HPR2000 so I went over to dishonline.com to see how they appear there and they are named correctly and not showing up as HPR2000.

I played around with my sling adapters for a few minutes since I have one on each Hopper and this is what I noticed.

At DishOnline.com Hopper "Russ" was named correctly and slinged without a problem where at DishAnywhere.com where Hopper "Russ" displayed as HPR2000 I kept getting the prompt to purchase or connect a sling adapter.

Hopper "Kevin" name displayed fine at DishAnywhere.com after logging back in and I was able to sling just fine from that receiver.

Yesterday, when I was trying to sling I was getting this same error/prompt at DishAnywhere.com from both Hoppers when the names displayed as HPR2000.

I would bet that if the site and receiver have a connection issue or difficulty connecting with each other, that the receiver model appears instead of the nickname. Logging out and back in appears to have fixed the handshake between DishAnywhere and Kevin, since the name appeared correctly and was able to Sling.

The Sling component for Chrome STILL has the same bug for dual monitors where the mouse automatically disappears even though you can use the other screen. Bug has been there forever - don't know why Dish can't fix this.

Another thing I noticed with this site - CPU utilization for the Chrome app is off the charts.

Running a quad core i7 CPU - when watching my Hopper in HD, the extension uses 60%

That sounds waaay too high

Capture.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)