Dish Anywhere Fire Stick

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Has anyone ever used the Dish Anywhere App on Amazon Fire Stick via a 722k receiver with the sling attachment? Reason I ask is I find the app to be really clunky, slow to change channels, etc, via web browser and was wondering if the app itself via Fire Stick is the same experience? Thanks, J

I don't have your setup, but I do use the DA app on our Firestick as well as on my phone, tablet, and PC streaming from one of our two Hopper2's. I can't say that I see any significant difference in the performance of any of them, nor do I consider DA to be slow and clunky on any of them. Of course it doesn't react as quickly as using the remote directly with the receiver do to the Internet lag time, and I do see a difference at times depending on the quality of our Internet signal at the time. Overall, we've been pretty happy with DA on any of our devices, including the Firestick.

Reactions: JSheridan
Has anyone ever used the Dish Anywhere App on Amazon Fire Stick via a 722k receiver with the sling attachment? Reason I ask is I find the app to be really clunky, slow to change channels, etc, via web browser and was wondering if the app itself via Fire Stick is the same experience? Thanks, J

Yes; I have except I have a 722 not k receiver w/Sling adapter. Yes, it is really clunky. I haven't used it much since, back when my FireTV Stick was new, I tried doing some trick play. IIRC, I just hit the pause button, and that was it! The app lost connection to my 722 and I had to exit the app and restart it in order to regain control.

I was hoping that issue got fixed. :(

Yes; I have except I have a 722 not k receiver w/Sling adapter. Yes, it is really clunky. I haven't used it much since, back when my FireTV Stick was new, I tried doing some trick play. IIRC, I just hit the pause button, and that was it! The app lost connection to my 722 and I had to exit the app and restart it in order to regain control.

I was hoping that issue got fixed. :(
Unfortunately, that issue has not been fixed! If I pause Dish Anywhere for more than a few seconds, the app loses connection, just like you said. Rather than using pause, I have learned to just let it keep playing and use the fast rewind to go back to the point where I would have paused it.

Reactions: TheKrell
FWIW, the Fire Sticks aren't worth the savings in $$. In a number of cases, the sticks are UNDERpowered. Far more worth the full Fire TV. However those boxes are no longer available and what is the latest gen of FireTV is really a "stick" that is now a square that hangs from your TV and is, spec wise, inferior to the proper full FireTV. So, complaints about these new gen lipstick on a pig FireTV's that really "sticks" as being UNDER-powered. The previous gen full FireTV is a joy to use and never the same complaints that the sticks get. Most often a poorly performing app is due to using a "stick."

FWIW, the Fire Sticks aren't worth the savings in $$. In a number of cases, the sticks are UNDERpowered. Far more worth the full Fire TV. However those boxes are no longer available and what is the latest gen of FireTV is really a "stick" that is now a square that hangs from your TV and is, spec wise, inferior to the proper full FireTV. So, complaints about these new gen lipstick on a pig FireTV's that really "sticks" as being UNDER-powered. The previous gen full FireTV is a joy to use and never the same complaints that the sticks get. Most often a poorly performing app is due to using a "stick."

So, I was one of the big complainers about the performance (and unresponsiveness) of my latest generation FireStick. Well, we wanted to watch some Dish OnDemand stuff in the workout room, so I dug it out and performed a factory reset on it. Since I did that, the FireStick has been much better. I'd say it is as good as the current generation Roku Streaming Stick and the Roku Premier+. If anyone is having issues with their FireStick, I highly recommend performing a factory reset.

I would like to point out that when I posted that Dish Anywhere would lose connection when paused, I was talking about Dish Anywhere on my PC, NOT on the Fire Stick. I was vacationing in Florida a couple of weeks ago, and I used my new Fire Stick every day without any problems at all! I was surprised.

One of the biggest issues of DA on the FireStick or FireTV is that if you delete a show from your Recorded list, it doesn't delete it and it keeps showing up.
Delete it from my Family room Firestick, and it will still show in the Bedroom Firestick, Delete it from there and it still shows in the Family room.

But if you delete a show from the PrimiteTime Anytime list, it deletes just fine.

This has been a bug in Dish Anywhere for two years now, and Dish has not updated the DA app on any Amazon device in over a year!
Pretty piss pour support on what Dish uses a feature and differentiator, IMHO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts