Dish Anywhere Firefox dead screen fix?

gislands

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
California
So in the past I know how to delete and re-enable the plugins for Dish Anywhere on firefox. The problem is once I get it going, like a day later I get this screen and have to go through the whole process again. Can someone help me and let me know how to make the "fix" permanent? I hate having to go through 5 minutes of work to get it up again and having to do it everyday.

Attachments

• Dish anywhere dead screen.JPG
    Dish anywhere dead screen.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 217
I just removed the plugin, restarted Firefox, loaded the dish anywhere page and it asked me to install the plugin and I did. It restarted and it works again. I have to do this every day seemingly to get dish anywhere to work in Firefox. Imagine if I was not so computer literate. This should just work, no removing plugins, reinstalling nonsense.

In its later versions Firefox has gotten very and is getting more overzealous in its "protection of you". I have "connection errors" many times a day even to Mozillas' own site. So when they say to keep update, one has to weigh whether or not it will cause problems. As overzealous as it is with https connections, add-ons and plugins are no different. I am in the process of leaving many years of entrenched use of Firefox because it just doesn't work anymore. My own mom & pop website fails under FF, but not with any other browser. Although I, personally, have not had this issue with the DISH Anywhere plug-in, which surprises me. And Mozilla will say it's a faulty DISH plugin, which may be partly true. The two need to zero up.

I have sent so much negative feed back through my dev account and regular "feed back" that I wouldn't be surprised if it were filtered into the trash. It's time to move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)