Dish anywhere ios app remote control

RHZ

Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Colorado
Just wondering if I am doing something wrong, we have a Hopper 3 and 2 Joeys. When I use the dish anywhere app on my iPhone the remote allows me to select which device to control but only the Hopper is listed by name. Both Joeys have a cryptic Rxxxxxx name. Both Joeys have been named for their locations so I expected them to have their names displayed in the app. Any ideas hoiw I can fix this so I don't have to remember which Rxxxx is which?

Dish isn't looking at your specific receiver names in AnyWhere just the receiver ID. So, If you can remember just one of your Joey Rxxxx numbers as being the one in your bedroom, for instance, that should help you remember which is which. You only have to remember the last 3 numbers.

Reactions: medvyed
Dish isn't looking at your specific receiver names in AnyWhere just the receiver ID. So, If you can remember just one of your Joey Rxxxx numbers as being the one in your bedroom, for instance, that should help you remember which is which. You only have to remember the last 3 numbers.
That didn't seem right since it actually does show the Hoppers name, just not the Joeys. Thanks for the reply!

That didn't seem right since it actually does show the Hoppers name, just not the Joeys. Thanks for the reply!
We should be grabbing the friendly name for both Hoppers and Joeys. We'll look into why it's not happening.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)