Dish Anywhere iOS APP

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
I was playing with the Dish Anywhere iOS APP on my iPad last night. I wanted to watch a TV show on my Hopper 3. Now when i shut my TV off my Hopper 3 also goes into standby.

When the Hopper 3 came on line and I was in the APP and in the Guide I hit the TV show I wanted to watch. When the Hopper 3 came up all I could see was a test message that I was tuned to satellite 61.5 No error codes were shown. I went back several times to the Guide and hit the show I wanted to watch. Still no luck.

The only way I could get the APP and the Hopper 3 to work correctly was to hit the little remote control in the upper right corner and then hit the channel number for the station and this took 2 tries until it worked. When I took the screen shots this morning it only took 1 try with the remote control screen to get the Hopper 3 to tune correctly.

Yesterday I was on my home network and WIFI and this AM I was going through my Cell Phone provider.

Is this a bug in the APP or on the Hopper 3? When I did the same this with my VIP 722K before I installed the Hopper 3 the streaming worked great and when I selected a program in the Guide the 722K would tune to the program 1st time.

upload_2016-3-1_9-31-4.png

upload_2016-3-1_9-31-58.png

I have the same problem with my H3 and iOS app. I can only watch Dvr shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was playing with the Dish Anywhere iOS APP on my iPad last night. I wanted to watch a TV show on my Hopper 3. Now when i shut my TV off my Hopper 3 also goes into standby.

When the Hopper 3 came on line and I was in the APP and in the Guide I hit the TV show I wanted to watch. When the Hopper 3 came up all I could see was a test message that I was tuned to satellite 61.5 No error codes were shown. I went back several times to the Guide and hit the show I wanted to watch. Still no luck.

The only way I could get the APP and the Hopper 3 to work correctly was to hit the little remote control in the upper right corner and then hit the channel number for the station and this took 2 tries until it worked. When I took the screen shots this morning it only took 1 try with the remote control screen to get the Hopper 3 to tune correctly.

Yesterday I was on my home network and WIFI and this AM I was going through my Cell Phone provider.

Is this a bug in the APP or on the Hopper 3? When I did the same this with my VIP 722K before I installed the Hopper 3 the streaming worked great and when I selected a program in the Guide the 722K would tune to the program 1st time.

View attachment 114475

View attachment 114476

I was watching live tv on AT&T lte this morning through app on way to work (no I wasn't driving lol)

Just tried mine. It seems to be working on live tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the Hopper 3 just came out, and the Dish Anywhere iPad app hasn't been updated since December 3rd, I'd say there are a few bugs on both ends to be worked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)