Dish Anywhere issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
(I've searched for an answer to this, but fournd nothing currently relevent.) I've never had much luck with DA, but tonight I have good WiFi at my campground and decided to try again. When I finally got through what seemed to be a recursive login procedure, it said I had an unsupported browser (Firefox) and I needed to install Chrome. Not. Gonna. Install. Chrome. Ever.

Do I have any alternatives? I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo T530. I do have an Amazon 7" Fire tablet I haven't tried to use yet.

Thanks!

(I've searched for an answer to this, but fournd nothing currently relevent.) I've never had much luck with DA, but tonight I have good WiFi at my campground and decided to try again. When I finally got through what seemed to be a recursive login procedure, it said I had an unsupported browser (Firefox) and I needed to install Chrome. Not. Gonna. Install. Chrome. Ever.

Do I have any alternatives? I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo T530. I do have an Amazon 7" Fire tablet I haven't tried to use yet.

Thanks!
Right now, on a PC or Laptop, it's Chrome only.Not sure why you wouldn't install Chrome, but your choice. Not sure on the tablet, but you can try.

(I've searched for an answer to this, but fournd nothing currently relevent.) (Firefox) and I needed to install Chrome. Not. Gonna. Install. Chrome. Ever.

Thanks!

There is Chromium, the open source version of Chrome; Edge, the Windows 10 browser based on Chromium or Opera.

Reactions: wormil
Thanks all for the responses. I anticipated it was "use Chrome or go home" if I wanted Dish Anywhere. I've just run into a situation where Google won't let me log into an email account without linking a phone number (said I was logging in from a "new device" I've been using as my primary PC for the last 3 years), and I'll never install a personal data mining system (Chrome) on my machine by choice. I understand Firefox is no walk in the park for developers, but IMHO Dish should let us use it (or a small computing company's IE or Edge ;)) if we accept the consequences.

Thanks!
I use the dish anywhere app on my fire tablet with no problems.

Thanks all for the responses. I anticipated it was "use Chrome or go home" if I wanted Dish Anywhere. I've just run into a situation where Google won't let me log into an email account without linking a phone number (said I was logging in from a "new device" I've been using as my primary PC for the last 3 years), and I'll never install a personal data mining system (Chrome) on my machine by choice. I understand Firefox is no walk in the park for developers, but IMHO Dish should let us use it (or a small computing company's IE or Edge ;)) if we accept the consequences.
The current beta browser versions from MS are Chrome based and DA does work with them.

Thanks for the latest replies, I really appreciate the advice. I'll download the suggested browsers and try them out when I get back to campground tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)