Dish Anywhere not compatible with new mac OSSierra

.Andy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
Los Angeles CA 6
I wish I didn't update because now I can't access dish anywhere.

Thought you should know. I wish I didn't upgrade. Anyone know a work arround?

Screen_Shot_2016_09_21_at_4_38_26_PM.png

I am using Chrome, loaded the latest Sling Player dmg and I was watching live TV on on it. Anywhere never had an issue for me straight up.

Yeah, OP, I learned a long time ago to never upgrade out of the gate. It always "breaks" something, usually a number of things. In the early days of the forced upgrade of Windows 10, it broke a lot of stuff for a whole lot of people. That was one reason I never bothered to upgrade to Win10 because I knew it would brake at least one of my perfectly functional but older printers, and then the loss of privacy became another reason not to upgrade.

Usually it takes a little bit of time for manufacturers or software like Dish Anywhere to catch up with newly released major OS's. While some companies may never update their software, Dish, along with other companies that must keep up, will eventually update their software. The question is how long will it be. I would suspect that Dish won't be too long in getting an upgrade out there knowing that a fair number of its users have or will upgrade their mac. My advice is to be patient. I really think it won't be too long, maybe in weeks, in having Dish Anywhere working on macOSSierra. Dish has no choice but to get an update out there ASAP.

Thank you for letting everyone know about this. Many Mac people may wish to wait before upgrading. Let us know what happens so others can be made aware.

OK, I have DishAnywhere working in Chrome and Firefox. It accesses both just fine and I can see my Hopper 3 and play live TV. Safari 10.0, on the other hand just goes to refreshing forever. So, Safari has an issue...

OK, I have DishAnywhere working in Chrome and Firefox. It accesses both just fine and I can see my Hopper 3 and play live TV. Safari 10.0, on the other hand just goes to refreshing forever. So, Safari has an issue...
Safari 10.0 works fine for me but that's on El Capitan (Mac OS 10.11).

Maybe just today, 04/28/17, Dish replaced their Dish Anywhere Player extension with an app. This was in order to comply with Apple's new security restrictions. When I launched Dish Anywhere today, I was walked through how to download and install the new Dish Player app.

I'm running the latest version of Mac's Sierra, 10.12.4, and I have no problems playing Dish Anywhere via the Safari web browser.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts