Dish Anywhere on Android Tablet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I am looking at purchasing a used ZTE Optik Android tablet. I've had one before and they seem very sturdy and fast. It has Android 3.2 I believe. Does anyone know if I can run DishAnywhere on that? I realize the app "should" work, but as we all know, not all apps work on all tablets even when they are supposed to work on a given OS. :D

My galaxy tab 7.0 plus came with 3.2 and it worked. Right now I'm on ICS and its working fine.

However dish has control wether they can support it or not. One day the minimum OS could be 4.0. Its better to plan ahead and get the latest tablet with the latest OS if possible.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

How nuch is that tablet costing? You can get a new Samsung Tab 2 for $169 at Staples, etc and an ew 3 is about $10-20 more. Gets you the latest OS.

Yeah ZTE is like buying a Viore TV over a Sony :p Samsung and Asus are on the top of my list when it comes to android tablets.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

buy the Nook HD+ 9" screen and put CM 10.1 on it. the screen is amazing and it works like a tablet 3x its price

Dish anywhere on wifi looks so nice on the screen

Officemax was selling it brand new for $99

CyanogenMod. It's an alternative (usually newer) version of Android than what's available from B&N.

I have two Android devices with DishAnywhere installed. On my Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet it works great. I get all the features like Blockbuster and On Demand. On my Android TV stick (MK808B) attached to my TV via HDMI, I only get the guide and the ability to control my DVR. Anyone know why? The TV stick is 4.2.2 and the Hisense is 4.2.1 Thanks.

I purchased a Nook HD+ specifically to use it with Dish Anywhere. It does NOT work. It will not connect to my home Hopper. It says to check to make sure my home system is turned on. So I successfully connected using my Galaxy Note 3 and my Windows 7 laptop from the same location, using the same WiFi. So I would be very suspect of anyone who says you can use the Nook with Dish Anywhere.

My Nook HD+ works fine w/Dish Anywhere, also transfers as advertised w/stock software. Been using it since summer with no issues, has a beautiful screen.

I couldn't figure out the proper hoops to jump through in order to send dish dvr recordings via the anywhere app to the sd storage card on the tablet. There isn't enough available space on the main storage area of my tablet where the app wanted to send them.

Dish makes the app use on-board storage, there's no way to send transfers to sd card - which makes the transfer feature almost useless for many as they have limited storage.

Dish makes the app use on-board storage, there's no way to send transfers to sd card - which makes the transfer feature almost useless for many as they have limited storage.

Yet another useless feature and another reason to avoid the Hopper. :p

There are work arounds but it's ridiculous what Android/Google has been doing to limit use of their products. (Usually in the name of protection)
If your device can be rooted I suggest you look into it. That allows you to put almost any app on the SD card along with downloads as well as delete storage eating apps no one wants.

Without rooting if you keep enough room for at least one download you can move it to the SD card manually, and each one after. You would need to move it back to watch it however moving a file takes seconds.
Some people delete an app temporarily that takes up alot of room but that they don't use often to allow the download and move of files.
Finally some people keep a second SD card filled with Videos etc.. that they insert and download to the on board memory as needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)