Dish Anywhere on PC - Can't log in

Hey y'all. I share the DISH bill with my folks (we live in different houses, split the cost, and I just use the DishAnywhere app on my home theater desktop), and have been having a similar issue. I believe this error is also related to the flash errors, as the following steps will also (at least seem to for me) fix the issue. I've done some digging and research into the app - It is terribly kludged together with HTML5, Java, CSS and flash, and seems to exist as a standalone-browser. The issue is that it is based on Chrome, and there is no way to get into the settings of the DishAnywhere 'browser' to turn off/reset the Chrome plug-in when it crashes. This is mainly the issue with the 'Plugin has crashed' error that I describe below. I still believe these two are somehow related. There are about 15 separate places where Dish/Sling have registry entries that I've dug through, along with the logs, there is apparently only the option to check for Mac Flash or Chrome Flash with the install. I am NOT an expert in programming, but have a general working knowledge and have been desperately trying to find a solution that doesn't require me shutting down my computer.

DishAnywhere's PC player performs some sort of check on install to determine whether you're on Mac or PC/Android. It loads in Google Chrome's version of flash (Pepperflash). However, for people that do not use Chrome, it causes issues with the normal flash players in browsers (Often, in Edge when I'm watching Netflix, I will see 'Google has blocked flash' and then it reloads). I have tried several different streaming-cable solutions including Sling (which is actually worse than Dish, and is prone to the same failures since it's the same technology, just not branded for Dish) and Spectrum's streaming service (which is limited through the PC and has no DVR functionality).

I do not want Chrome on my PC, in any form. It is the most targeted browser now, and I do not feel it is secure.

What's the difference between these two adobe flash.
Google Groups

This also becomes a problem when the plugin crashes, and requires:

1) Uninstalling the DishAnywhere PC application 2) Clearing all browser caches 3) Shutting down/restarting PC 4) Reinstalling DishAnywhere PC application

If there were not two competing flash players, then this would not be an issue. I have used Chrome, and do not like Chrome.

Located in C:\Program Files (x86)\DishAnywherePlayer\Plugins

is the file npSlingPlayerChrome.dll

Additionally, I believe that this is a result of Dish's programmers simply being lazy, if the information in this article is accurate:
Chrome is turning into the new Internet Explorer 6

Is there a way to force this to load a non-Chrome flash player, or is it possible for the fine programmers at Dish to quit using Pepperflash, or use the Flash version installed on our computers already? Bigger question: Is it possible for Dish to just not use Flash at all, and instead use HTML5? Can we get an actual dedicated and updated application for PC?

I really want a solution to this problem. It's been annoying me since I first started using the Dish Anywhere service, has been reported many times, and Dish doesn't care that the problem is to uninstall their product. Right now I am using Spectrum's streaming service as Dish's is giving me error 7008 (which I've never gotten before now in the two years we've been using DishAnywhere).
Just out of curiosity, which browser do you use? I've used Chrome as my primary browser for years, but I also use MalwareBytes Pro to stop malicious websites from loading.

BTW, mine is working again, also

Just out of curiosity, which browser do you use? I've used Chrome as my primary browser for years, but I also use MalwareBytes Pro to stop malicious websites from loading.

BTW, mine is working again, also

Mine also started working last night, after I performed the steps I outlined above, as usual. I primarily use Firefox with a combination of Adguard, Adblock, and Dashlane for security. I fire up Edge for Netflix and my work log in (It doesn't work on anything but Edge/IE).

Reactions: pattykay
Mine also started working last night, after I performed the steps I outlined above, as usual. I primarily use Firefox with a combination of Adguard, Adblock, and Dashlane for security. I fire up Edge for Netflix and my work log in (It doesn't work on anything but Edge/IE).
I was thinking about giving Edge another shot

I was thinking about giving Edge another shot

It's pretty fast - HTML5 can turn into a CPU drain, which I think is why they're using Flash (Netflix/Edge consumes about 40-50% of my CPU power, while DishAnywhere consumes about 5-10%, as a comparisaon). For general browsing I wouldn't use it, but I've been using Firefox since the early 00's and I'm not the one that will be using it everyday. :)

It's pretty fast - HTML5 can turn into a CPU drain, which I think is why they're using Flash (Netflix/Edge consumes about 40-50% of my CPU power, while DishAnywhere consumes about 5-10%, as a comparisaon). For general browsing I wouldn't use it, but I've been using Firefox since the early 00's and I'm not the one that will be using it everyday. :)
I use Firefox too, but only on my PC occasionally and mu Firestick

I had nothing but problems with DA until a few months ago. Getting on it on my PC is a PITA...log in here, log in there, click on this, click on that BUT it worked! At least until this weekend and I feared that the bad ol days were back. Works now! FF on Win 10 , but my iPad worked fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)