Dish Anywhere on PC - Can't log in

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
Here we go again...When I try to log in to Dish Anywhere (on my PC), I get this error:

Uh Oh! We're having a problem getting your account information.
Please try to login again later.

Error Code: ["Error 7008"]

I have had this problem before, and I posted about it here. There was no solution other than to wait and try again later. Anyone know what Error 7008 is?

Last edited:
Still not working on my PC, however I can log in using my iPhone.

Very weird that I can't log in with my PC, but it works OK on my phone (using the same router and home network).

It is unusual that the Dish Anywhere log-in is still not working this morning (on my PC). In the past, when I have had this problem, it usually clears itself up in a couple of hours. This log-in problem has been going on for over 24 hours now!

Deems like every time a web browser fails, the app still works

Am I the only one who thinks the authentication/log in process is way too complicated? There should be a PC client divorced from a web brwoser IMHO, more like the Sling app. Or is that what we have now? Still too complicated!

Am I the only one who thinks the authentication/log in process is way too complicated? There should be a PC client divorced from a web brwoser IMHO, more like the Sling app. Or is that what we have now? Still too complicated!
I agree. When I use my Roku or Amazon Fire Stick, once I sign in to an app the first time, the authentication after that is immediate. With the Dish system, your modem, router, Dish receiver, and network can all be working correctly, but Dish Anywhere still won't work because of a complicated authentication process that relies on an unreliable web site log-in. (Again, I am talking about the PC version).

Hey y'all. I share the DISH bill with my folks (we live in different houses, split the cost, and I just use the DishAnywhere app on my home theater desktop), and have been having a similar issue. I believe this error is also related to the flash errors, as the following steps will also (at least seem to for me) fix the issue. I've done some digging and research into the app - It is terribly kludged together with HTML5, Java, CSS and flash, and seems to exist as a standalone-browser. The issue is that it is based on Chrome, and there is no way to get into the settings of the DishAnywhere 'browser' to turn off/reset the Chrome plug-in when it crashes. This is mainly the issue with the 'Plugin has crashed' error that I describe below. I still believe these two are somehow related. There are about 15 separate places where Dish/Sling have registry entries that I've dug through, along with the logs, there is apparently only the option to check for Mac Flash or Chrome Flash with the install. I am NOT an expert in programming, but have a general working knowledge and have been desperately trying to find a solution that doesn't require me shutting down my computer.

DishAnywhere's PC player performs some sort of check on install to determine whether you're on Mac or PC/Android. It loads in Google Chrome's version of flash (Pepperflash). However, for people that do not use Chrome, it causes issues with the normal flash players in browsers (Often, in Edge when I'm watching Netflix, I will see 'Google has blocked flash' and then it reloads). I have tried several different streaming-cable solutions including Sling (which is actually worse than Dish, and is prone to the same failures since it's the same technology, just not branded for Dish) and Spectrum's streaming service (which is limited through the PC and has no DVR functionality).

I do not want Chrome on my PC, in any form. It is the most targeted browser now, and I do not feel it is secure.

What's the difference between these two adobe flash.
Google Groups

This also becomes a problem when the plugin crashes, and requires:

1) Uninstalling the DishAnywhere PC application 2) Clearing all browser caches 3) Shutting down/restarting PC 4) Reinstalling DishAnywhere PC application

If there were not two competing flash players, then this would not be an issue. I have used Chrome, and do not like Chrome.

Located in C:\Program Files (x86)\DishAnywherePlayer\Plugins

is the file npSlingPlayerChrome.dll

Additionally, I believe that this is a result of Dish's programmers simply being lazy, if the information in this article is accurate:
Chrome is turning into the new Internet Explorer 6

Is there a way to force this to load a non-Chrome flash player, or is it possible for the fine programmers at Dish to quit using Pepperflash, or use the Flash version installed on our computers already? Bigger question: Is it possible for Dish to just not use Flash at all, and instead use HTML5? Can we get an actual dedicated and updated application for PC?

I really want a solution to this problem. It's been annoying me since I first started using the Dish Anywhere service, has been reported many times, and Dish doesn't care that the problem is to uninstall their product. Right now I am using Spectrum's streaming service as Dish's is giving me error 7008 (which I've never gotten before now in the two years we've been using DishAnywhere).

Reactions: HipKat
Just some info. My Dish Anywhere and ability to finally log into MY Account finally works this morning and I do use Google Chrome all the time. Mostly because ad blocker works better on Chrome. Now if I can get Dishes billing straightened out I'll be good. If not I'm bailing to MidCo our local cable provider.

Still not working here with either Firefox or Edge. Still getting the same error that I reported in post #1 of this thread.

It has been over 2 days now and I can't log in to Dish Anywhere!

I get logged in fine but it tells me my receiver is offline. However I am able to watch and access on my phone without issue
Yes, the IOS interface is much more reliable than the PC interface. When I am having problems with Dish Anywhere on my PC, it almost always works with my iPhone (over the same network with same equipment). Others in this thread have reported the same thing with iPhones and iPads working while their PC does not.