Dish anywhere only works on app

Mrnikeswsh

Original poster
Oct 20, 2015
OK, this is odd. Just switched to dish from direct TV and my hopper went bad within hours. Received replacement a few days later.

I know dish anywhere.com worked for a bit with the original receiver...now it only works on the app.

Here is what I know

It's been 4 weeks with 4 phone calls to dish and nobody has helped yet.
Dish anywhere.com. it's like the DVR is not connected gray icon
Can't access guide or DVR/live TV
Works fine on Google tablet app
Works fine on Android phone app
Web page will not work on any os/browser
Tried win 7,8,10, linux chrome ff, edge, and explorer

Dish.com lists my equipment and indicates it is online
I compared the receiver ids and they match, but the website lists it as gray offline
I removed the app on my phone and reinstalled, works just fine

Any thoughts
Brian

Sometimes it takes quite a while for the DISH systems to get things working right on the PC version of Dish Anywhere. There doesn't seem to be anything that can be done on the user's end except to be patient. One of these days it will probably just magically start working. Good luck.

Really more than 4 weeks? I feel like I am paying for service which is not available. They keep telling me my receiver is offline, yet it works on the mobile app. And dish.com reports it as being online. They kick me to broadband support, who then elevates it to "LEVEL 2" support, then, I never hear anything. First they said 48 hours, my 2nd call, it was 2-4 days, third call was a week, and my last call was 7 to 10 days. This wednesday will be 10 days. I will call them again tomorrow. but I feel like I have been getting the run around.

You're not 'paying' for Dish Anywhere. That's a freebie that they throw in and don't really have to provide at all. Read your contract. You're paying for TV service to your receivers and that's it. You can call and bother them all the time and get yourself all upset but it isn't gonna change anything. It will start working when it starts working. Period.

There was a thread or two about this very thing not long ago and I personally had a HWS that took several weeks to start working on PC Dish Anywhere. That's just the way it is sometimes.

What's the big deal anyway? You said it works on the mobile app so use that.

Well, it is a big deal for me. But I don't feel like explaining to you why that is. My problem is the fact that I had the service installed, and that very night my receiver kept rebooting. 3 Days later, they came out to replace the receiver, which caused dishanywhere to stop. I think the ability to view the guide, edit timers, view live tv etc. from my PC is one of the reasons I switched.

It is more the lack of assistance I feel I am getting from them. I am in software support, some of the answers I have been given are just ridiculous. It has only been a month, but I have called dish more times then I called DirectTv in the past 4 years.

Well, if it works with mobile apps, I would not think the problem is the receiver itself, but rather a LAN communication problem/conflict. Have you done a network reset on your Hopper?

I just logged into Disanywhere using FF 41.0.2 on Win 10. Everything seemed normal to me. Try contacting one of the DIRT support folks listed in RED under helps online on the Site Homepage.

Can you explain why you think it might be the lan. My phone app for dishanywhere works while I am at home, or away from the house. I am at work now, and the mobile app on android works just fine, I can see the guide and set recordings, even view live tv. But dishanywhere.com nothing.

Can you elaborate on what "LAN" settings might be the cause? I didn't need to set any router settings initially when the receiver was installed.

Thanks
Brian

Can you explain why you think it might be the lan. My phone app for dishanywhere works while I am at home, or away from the house. I am at work now, and the mobile app on android works just fine, I can see the guide and set recordings, even view live tv. But dishanywhere.com nothing.

Can you elaborate on what "LAN" settings might be the cause? I didn't need to set any router settings initially when the receiver was installed.

Thanks
Brian
When at home, are you using your mobile app via wireless or your ISP?

The Hopper may be looking for the wrong IP address. Go into Settings/Network Settings/Broadband...and reset network.

I just logged into Disanywhere using FF 41.0.2 on Win 10. Everything seemed normal to me. Try contacting one of the DIRT support folks listed in RED under helps online on the Site Homepage.

I had the same problem on one of the new HWS's on a new account earlier this year. It eventually started working. There was a thread here somewhere with other people with the same problem. It seems to only happen with some receivers on some accounts and only when they're new. Eventually they start working. Not a big deal.

When at home, are you using your mobile app via wireless or your ISP?

The mobile app works on my android phone while at home, at work, or on 4G without WIFI connections.
The website dishanywhere.com doesn't work anywhere.
mydish.com the receiver reports as being "broadband connected" YES,
dishanywhere.com the receiver has a gray dot, and cannot access guide, dvr or live tv

thanks for time
brian

The Hopper may be looking for the wrong IP address. Go into Settings/Network Settings/Broadband...and reset network.

thanks, I already tried this, but can you explain a bit more. I am completely new to dish, but again I do software support. Can you explain how it works? What do you mean the hopper is LOOKING for the wrong IP? The hopper is obtaining and IP address from the router via DHCP.

The mydish.com shows it connected. Are you talking the gateway of the router? is that the IP it is looking for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts