Dish Anywhere question

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
Hooked one of my new HWS today and tried to watch a recording on my computer in another room. I could see the HWS and select the recording it went to initializing and stayed there, never started to play the program. Spent an hour chat and got nowhere.

My questions what is the minimum required upload speed on my internet connection. My cable modem tested at 15.25 Mbps down and 1.2 Mbps up. Does the internet speed even mater when the HWS is WiFi into the same router that the computer is plugged into.

We were into recording mode for the evening so will wait for the overnight reboot. We will see tomorrow if things start to work.
they did have the receiver IDs all messed up. Hopefully things are straight now.

It should work - I have done just what you want to do. You should be able to run your Dishanywhere app on one of you home PCs no problem. I've used Dishanywhere well just about anywhere I can get internet, even with much slower download speeds you have there. You may need to update your browser and/or reload the dishanywhere app on the computer you were trying it with.

Cheers,
Bob

Hooked one of my new HWS today and tried to watch a recording on my computer in another room. I could see the HWS and select the recording it went to initializing and stayed there, never started to play the program. Spent an hour chat and got nowhere.

My questions what is the minimum required upload speed on my internet connection. My cable modem tested at 15.25 Mbps down and 1.2 Mbps up. Does the internet speed even mater when the HWS is WiFi into the same router that the computer is plugged into.
When Hopper and the computer are on the same network your internet upload speed isn't a factor. I see 8 MB/s transfer rates and with DSL my upload speed is on the order of 400 Kb/s. The internet (DishAnywhere website) IS used to establish the connection but the stream is local.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts