Dish Anywhere Question...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
I know from past experience that channel changes, additions, etc., do not populate immediately on the mobile app but I can't remember how long it takes. Anyone know how long and while asking, if the Mobile app is viewing the HWS, why is there any difference in the guides at all?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The online guide is built off the Hopper guide if the Hopper is IP connected. I believe they should populate immediately. I would try shutting down the app and relaunching.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks, but that doesn't do it nor does, an uninstall/reinstall. I remember when ESPNU went HD it took several days to show up in the app but I don't remember precisely how long. I really can't imagine why this is as it is - as you said, you'd think it would mirror the HWS but apparently, something else factors in.

Just for kicks, check & see if LHN (channel 407) shows up in your app. Sorry - only new channel I can think of.

Just checked, didn't see LHN 407. Android Dish anywhere

That's what I thought - takes a few days for changes to populate, just can't remember how long. It seems very odd though - makes me wonder if it's truly loading from the Hopper.

Just checked and I refreshed my guide and LHN 407 is there now.

Hasn't hit mine yet, Fusion channel either. Wonder what's the real story for the delay between going live & appearance in the app's guide.

FWIW, I don't think the deal really has anything to do with the app itself. I've noticed that if you uninstall & reinstall that any "Favorites" you have selected are retained meaning, they are stored on the Dish servers. This being the case I'm betting that the subscriber channels are as well and it's here that new channels are slow to be propagated. This explains why the actual receiver guide isn't mirrored on the app. I also checked online today and the same behavior exists logging in via my Desktop PC - the last 2 channels added to my subscription have not been added yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)