Dish Anywhere question

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
I have two large monitors on my desktop computer.
When I watch DishAnywhere I often like to move the Dish Anywhere Player Window from one screen to the other so I can access other applications. When I move the window it almost always goes to black screen and refuses to allow continuation of what is being viewed. I have to close the window and start it up again. At least it opens in proper monitor when I restart the player.
Any thoughts on why this happens or how to fix it?

I have two large monitors on my desktop computer.
When I watch DishAnywhere I often like to move the Dish Anywhere Player Window from one screen to the other so I can access other applications. When I move the window it almost always goes to black screen and refuses to allow continuation of what is being viewed. I have to close the window and start it up again. At least it opens in proper monitor when I restart the player.
Any thoughts on why this happens or how to fix it?

Are the resolutions of both monitors exactly the same?

No. One is 1920 x 1080 the other is 1360 x 768.

That's probably why. The app is rastorizing the video feed at a certain rate for the first monitor, then you drop it on the second monitor and it's out of phase. I bet it wouldn't happen if both monitors were the same resolution. I have similar setups at my house. Feeding HTPC's to big screen TV's; when you try to feed multiple screens at the same time, things become REALLY funky.

I use 2 24" Dell Ultra monitors at my work and the same thing happens, if I move the Dish Anywhere window from one monitor to the other the screen goes black.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I have the same problem. As a workaround, when I move the dish player to the second monitor, I change the channel (by clicking the channel up arrow), then I change the channel back to where is was by clicking the down arrow. The video comes back right away. This method doesn't work for playing back a DVR recording. For a DVR recording I usually have to stop the video, then re-start the DVR recording.

I don't mean to change the topic on this thread, but how many people can use Dish Anywhere at one time? Can I have it stream on three devices at once?

I don't mean to change the topic on this thread, but how many people can use Dish Anywhere at one time? Can I have it stream on three devices at once?
DishAnywhere only supports one stream at a time.

On edit: I'll revise that a bit. DishAnywhere only supports one stream per receiver. We have two Hopper2's for instance, and we can stream programming from each receiver to separate devices at the same time.