Dish Anywhere question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
I have two large monitors on my desktop computer.
When I watch DishAnywhere I often like to move the Dish Anywhere Player Window from one screen to the other so I can access other applications. When I move the window it almost always goes to black screen and refuses to allow continuation of what is being viewed. I have to close the window and start it up again. At least it opens in proper monitor when I restart the player.
Any thoughts on why this happens or how to fix it?

I have two large monitors on my desktop computer.
When I watch DishAnywhere I often like to move the Dish Anywhere Player Window from one screen to the other so I can access other applications. When I move the window it almost always goes to black screen and refuses to allow continuation of what is being viewed. I have to close the window and start it up again. At least it opens in proper monitor when I restart the player.
Any thoughts on why this happens or how to fix it?

Are the resolutions of both monitors exactly the same?

No. One is 1920 x 1080 the other is 1360 x 768.

That's probably why. The app is rastorizing the video feed at a certain rate for the first monitor, then you drop it on the second monitor and it's out of phase. I bet it wouldn't happen if both monitors were the same resolution. I have similar setups at my house. Feeding HTPC's to big screen TV's; when you try to feed multiple screens at the same time, things become REALLY funky.

I use 2 24" Dell Ultra monitors at my work and the same thing happens, if I move the Dish Anywhere window from one monitor to the other the screen goes black.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I have the same problem. As a workaround, when I move the dish player to the second monitor, I change the channel (by clicking the channel up arrow), then I change the channel back to where is was by clicking the down arrow. The video comes back right away. This method doesn't work for playing back a DVR recording. For a DVR recording I usually have to stop the video, then re-start the DVR recording.

I don't mean to change the topic on this thread, but how many people can use Dish Anywhere at one time? Can I have it stream on three devices at once?

I don't mean to change the topic on this thread, but how many people can use Dish Anywhere at one time? Can I have it stream on three devices at once?
DishAnywhere only supports one stream at a time.

On edit: I'll revise that a bit. DishAnywhere only supports one stream per receiver. We have two Hopper2's for instance, and we can stream programming from each receiver to separate devices at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)