Dish Anywhere question

piranesi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
New York
Had lots of snow the last few days and my dish is covered and I'm lazy, so I have 0 signal for any channels. In fact at this point I can't even select a channel because the guide can't be acquired.

But, there are channels on Dish Anywhere that are available and I'm wondering how. My wife was able to get Maddow live through the Anywhere app like nothing was wrong. CNN and ESPN cannot, though. Is there are reason for this (don't say liberal bias :cool:), Are some channels going straight to the app through the internet connection and not through the receiver? In noticed that even with the receiver off or resetting, her viewing was not interrupted. All tuners are out of commission, so there is no connection between the app and the receiver.

Had lots of snow the last few days and my dish is covered and I'm lazy, so I have 0 signal for any channels. In fact at this point I can't even select a channel because the guide can't be acquired.

But, there are channels on Dish Anywhere that are available and I'm wondering how. My wife was able to get Maddow live through the Anywhere app like nothing was wrong. CNN and ESPN cannot, though. Is there are reason for this (don't say liberal bias :cool:), Are some channels going straight to the app through the internet connection and not through the receiver? In noticed that even with the receiver off or resetting, her viewing was not interrupted. All tuners are out of commission, so there is no connection between the app and the receiver.
Yes,
On DishAnywhere there aee several on demand channels which stream direct and do not use the Hoppers tuners.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!

It's a little awkward to get to, but if you go into the guide and press the down button, you can sort by genres in the guide. One option is live stream and will only show the channels that stream live without use of the receiver. Works just like a streaming service, it's a great benefit they offer.

IMG_0173.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)