Dish Anywhere: Says Receiver not connected to internet

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
Whenever I attempt to use Dish Anywhere, whether at a PC or my android phone or tablet, I get the error message that my receiver is not connected to the internet. It keeps wanting me to reboot the receiver and/or router. If that doesn't work, then try to reconnect with the button below (which also doesn't do anything).

Obviously I have tried all these settings and gotten nowhere. I remember the previous versions, there was a drop down box that allowed one to pick which Hopper (or receiver) was the one connected with sling ... I no longer see this option and suspect that is the issue. I have 3 Hoppers, one of which is in my 5th wheel camper and is not connected and wonder if that's the problem.

Any idea how to establish which Hopper has the sling adapter?

Yeah, that's what the dish "chat" guy said also. I never saw it. He did, however log on with my info and was able to get it right again. He said some browsers have to have cookies and permissions reset to make it work.

Ahh I see. Lately google chrome has been my browser of choice after using firefox for many years. Chrome just seems to be a step faster.

Also whenever looking at Dish anywhere > my account, I am able to see both sling devices available.

I have the same problem with my android phone. I tried to connect to either of my 2 Hoppers and kept getting the message that they were offline. Tried for 30 min. Hopefully I'll have better luck after I upgrade to 2 HWS's on Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)