Dish Anywhere simultaneous streams

eichenberg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Is there a limit on the number of simultaneous streams? Both of my teenagers recently told me they don't want their Joeys in their rooms anymore. My son has Dish Anywhere on his Xbox and my daughter has it on her Fire stick. Can they both watch Anywhere on their respected devices at the same time...even if I'm watching something on my H3?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Is there a limit on the number of simultaneous streams? Both of my teenagers recently told me they don't want their Joeys in their rooms anymore. My son has Dish Anywhere on his Xbox and my daughter has it on her Fire stick. Can they both watch Anywhere on their respected devices at the same time...even if I'm watching something on my H3?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
It depends on what they want to watch. If it is a channel that streams directly from the Dish Anywhere app (not through the Hopper) or an On Demand event, then yes those live streams or On Demand programs will still work, even while the other device is streaming a DVR recording or live channel from the Hopper. All viewing being done on the Hopper itself is completely independent of what is being streamed. So, your viewing would not affect them, unless you reboot the Hopper while you are using it.

One DA stream per Hopper, but some people have two Hoppers/Hopper 3's, and so each of those is allowed their OWN, ONE DA stream per each Hopper DVR box.

Just remove the Joeys from their rooms and let them learn the HARD way and let them figure it out until they come begging you to put back their Joey. :). Kids think they know everything and they don't learn until they hit the rocks, but that is how all of us learned at their age, as well. Well, not me; I was ahead of the game on not assuming anything at that age because that was drilled into me on day ONE. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts