Dish Anywhere time-outs

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Does anybody else experience "time-out's" when using the DishAnywhere service? It happens to me on all browsers after 5-10 minutes of viewing. It doesn't matter if it's live TV or a recorded show. The picture just freezes and only a page refresh seems to rectify it. And the bad thing is, if you're watching a pre-recorded show, a page refresh starts the program from the beginning again. :(

PS- I have my firewall disabled when I use DishAnywhere so I don't think it's that.

Does anybody else experience "time-out's" when using the DishAnywhere service? It happens to me on all browsers after 5-10 minutes of viewing. It doesn't matter if it's live TV or a recorded show. The picture just freezes and only a page refresh seems to rectify it. And the bad thing is, if you're watching a pre-recorded show, a page refresh starts the program from the beginning again. :(

PS- I have my firewall disabled when I use DishAnywhere so I don't think it's that.

Which browser are you using? Using chrome on windows 8 I managed to watch live tv and a few recordings for 3 hours without a hitch last sunday.

I'm seeing it on wireless connections with my laptop. I use a Macbook Pro and Apple Airport Extreme and the Safari browser. I tried Chrome and Firefox without any improvement. Seems to happen when viewing a rapidly changing picture...such as a commercial. No problems when using a wired connection from the same Apple Airport Extreme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts