Dish Anywhere - Time Zone Weirdness?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SpringerTigger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Central Iowa
I have not seen this anywhere, but maybe I've missed it.

Original Hopper with sling adapter. Usually when I travel, it's in my own time zone (Central). Last weekend, I happened to be out west - Pacific time. I started watching a program that was recorded with PTAT. It aired 8-10pm CDT. When I realized I wouldn't be able to watch the entire program before PTAT erased it, I save it. That was last weekend. When I sat down a little bit ago to watch the show, that program is not there. What was saved was the program that aired from 6-8pm CDT. I'm assuming that it's tied to the time change. My Hopper remained on Central time, but since I was on Pacific time, it adjusted for the time change and saved the wrong program? (My Outlook did all kinds of whacky things to my calendar while I was gone.) The really weird thing is that the correct program *information* was saved, but program itself is wrong. Just weird.

I have not seen this anywhere, but maybe I've missed it.

Original Hopper with sling adapter. Usually when I travel, it's in my own time zone (Central). Last weekend, I happened to be out west - Pacific time. I started watching a program that was recorded with PTAT. It aired 8-10pm CDT. When I realized I wouldn't be able to watch the entire program before PTAT erased it, I save it. That was last weekend. When I sat down a little bit ago to watch the show, that program is not there. What was saved was the program that aired from 6-8pm CDT. I'm assuming that it's tied to the time change. My Hopper remained on Central time, but since I was on Pacific time, it adjusted for the time change and saved the wrong program? (My Outlook did all kinds of whacky things to my calendar while I was gone.) The really weird thing is that the correct program *information* was saved, but program itself is wrong. Just weird.

I do not believe it had to do with your time zones, although possible... In my opinion it could possible be human error with the app. I have accidentally erased a show before with the app... Have you checked your deleted file? Also the big key I see out of this is "Original Hopper with sling adapter" Although the original hopper will work with the sling I always recommend my customers if they are going to use sling feature to get the hopper with built in sling, due to the faster processor.

The program information - title, date, time, etc - are all for the program that I intended to save. The actual program itself is the program that aired 2 hours earlier. I haven't deleted the program - I still have it saved. It was originally recorded with PTAT - I saved it so that PTAT wouldn't delete it before I could finish watching it.

My Hopper remained on Central time, but since I was on Pacific time, it adjusted for the time change and saved the wrong program?
How were you on Pacific time ? I understand you were in that timezone, but your computer (I presume you were using a PC since you mention Outlook) doesn't change it's time automatically, does it ? In the end, I don't think it should matter what timezone you're in when accessing it or what your device says the time is.

I was using my android tablet, and it did automatically adjust it's clock as I changed time zones, as did my pc running Win7.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts