Dish Anywhere - Time Zone Weirdness?

SpringerTigger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Central Iowa
I have not seen this anywhere, but maybe I've missed it.

Original Hopper with sling adapter. Usually when I travel, it's in my own time zone (Central). Last weekend, I happened to be out west - Pacific time. I started watching a program that was recorded with PTAT. It aired 8-10pm CDT. When I realized I wouldn't be able to watch the entire program before PTAT erased it, I save it. That was last weekend. When I sat down a little bit ago to watch the show, that program is not there. What was saved was the program that aired from 6-8pm CDT. I'm assuming that it's tied to the time change. My Hopper remained on Central time, but since I was on Pacific time, it adjusted for the time change and saved the wrong program? (My Outlook did all kinds of whacky things to my calendar while I was gone.) The really weird thing is that the correct program *information* was saved, but program itself is wrong. Just weird.

I have not seen this anywhere, but maybe I've missed it.

Original Hopper with sling adapter. Usually when I travel, it's in my own time zone (Central). Last weekend, I happened to be out west - Pacific time. I started watching a program that was recorded with PTAT. It aired 8-10pm CDT. When I realized I wouldn't be able to watch the entire program before PTAT erased it, I save it. That was last weekend. When I sat down a little bit ago to watch the show, that program is not there. What was saved was the program that aired from 6-8pm CDT. I'm assuming that it's tied to the time change. My Hopper remained on Central time, but since I was on Pacific time, it adjusted for the time change and saved the wrong program? (My Outlook did all kinds of whacky things to my calendar while I was gone.) The really weird thing is that the correct program *information* was saved, but program itself is wrong. Just weird.

I do not believe it had to do with your time zones, although possible... In my opinion it could possible be human error with the app. I have accidentally erased a show before with the app... Have you checked your deleted file? Also the big key I see out of this is "Original Hopper with sling adapter" Although the original hopper will work with the sling I always recommend my customers if they are going to use sling feature to get the hopper with built in sling, due to the faster processor.

The program information - title, date, time, etc - are all for the program that I intended to save. The actual program itself is the program that aired 2 hours earlier. I haven't deleted the program - I still have it saved. It was originally recorded with PTAT - I saved it so that PTAT wouldn't delete it before I could finish watching it.

My Hopper remained on Central time, but since I was on Pacific time, it adjusted for the time change and saved the wrong program?
How were you on Pacific time ? I understand you were in that timezone, but your computer (I presume you were using a PC since you mention Outlook) doesn't change it's time automatically, does it ? In the end, I don't think it should matter what timezone you're in when accessing it or what your device says the time is.

I was using my android tablet, and it did automatically adjust it's clock as I changed time zones, as did my pc running Win7.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts