Dish Anywhere to streaming

Dan in VA

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Virginia
I received the hopper on 12/12/12 and was able to watch recorded sows on my iPad. I opened up the app tonight and now it just asks me if I want to learn about sling any time I click watch. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Maybe the old app I could and this app I cannot. I know the app updated recently and changed names. I swear I was watching recorded shows before though and I don't have a sling.

Maybe the old app I could and this app I cannot. I know the app updated recently and changed names. I swear I was watching recorded shows before though and I don't have a sling.

To watch anything that is stored on your DVR or to watch live tv you have to have a sling adapter to do it. I've got one for sale if you want it.

I bet that event you have recorded and were watching was also available in the on demand library and that's why you could view it. Both the old Dish Remote Access app and the new (rebranded) Dish Anywhere still have the on demand section, but as posted above, a Sling Adapter is needed to view live or DVR content from your receiver.

You cannot watch your dvr without having a sling, unless you have a sling loaded receiver (New Hopper, which wasn't released until 1/17/13 or 922). You can purchase a sling adaptor for a 722 or the old Hopper. It does not work with any other receiver. In your case, you were probably were watching programs from DishOnLine and from your dvr.

I have a sling adapter and get the same message online and on the app.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I had that happen to me a while back and the tech on the phone had me to send the information from my hopper to dish. Few hours later it worked fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)