Dish Anywhere to the rescue!!

I'm using Anywhere inside my home network, it works fine there.

But yes, many of us, including me have low upload speeds which makes it not work very well at all. I tested it last time I was away from home, and though it worked fine the PQ was pretty bad. Personally I think that unless you have a pretty good upstream from your home, then Anywhere has limited value.

Yes, it would be nice if the live TV option didn't require the home box to actually receive the signal and send it back out...

*edit*

Although now that I think about it, I seem to remember my old dish box with external sling adapter working (marginally) better than the HWS. Did anyone else have this experience?

Im planning on setting up new service with 2 Hopper's and 3 Joey's. When I spoke to CS they said only one of the Hopper's I would get would be sling enabled, is this correct on a 2 Hopper set up? Also how many devices can you have at the same time watching live tv? For example will both my kids be able to use their iPad's at the same time watching live TV?

You could add a Sling Adapter to the older Hopper if you don't want to pay extra for both Hoppers to be Hopper With Sling. That would ensure both could watch at the same time. Dish sells them for about $50 and some of us here sell for about half that, used. Enough people have moved from ViP units to HWS to ensure there are some available.

I was missing directv since I bought the hopper until I discovered dish anywhere on my smartphone.

I had to go to a recital for my daughter and she had one dance. I had to watch 2 hours 50 minutes of kids I dont know dance, and 10 minutes of my daughter.

thank God for dishanywhere which allowed me to watch the blackhawks beat the redwings. with headphones on noone was bothered.

also my wife usually yells at me when I watch games til midnite like the finals last night or the blackhawks and kings. so now I go under my comforter in our bed and she falls asleep while I get to see the results of the game.

and on wifi HD looks great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts