Dish Anywhere - What happened to the pop-out function?

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
For the past few days, when using Dish Anywhere, the pop-out window icon is no longer present at the top of the screen. Previously, the icon was located between the bitrate and the full-screen icons at the top of the screen. It appears that there is no longer any way to have a re-sizeable pop-out window. Is anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: I am using Firefox v26.0.

Wow! I have been on this board since the first day that it started, and this is the first time that no one has answered one of my posts. I am not sure if the lack of a response means that no one else is seeing the problem, or it just might be that no one is interested enough about this issue to care. ;)

Has anyone else noticed that the pop-out window icon is no longer present at the top of the playback screen, or is it just a problem with my system/setup?

I just logged in and do not see the pop out window icon. Only one I see is the full screen icon. This was using Google Chrome.

Attachments

• anywhere.jpg
    anywhere.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
I'm using FF26 as well. Let me try it. (I hate hate hate DishAnywhere; makes me mad every time I try it; it is so lame.)

Well, it has taken me this time to struggle with the DishAnywhere website. My receivers are all on-line because I can see the listing of their recordings, and set new timers. But when I try to play something, it takes forever with the Connected... progress bar, and then it says Not connected. So I think something is amiss with my Sling Adapter.

For the past few days, when using Dish Anywhere, the pop-out window icon is no longer present at the top of the screen. Previously, the icon was located between the bitrate and the full-screen icons at the top of the screen. It appears that there is no longer any way to have a re-sizeable pop-out window. Is anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: I am using Firefox v26.0.

I don't know if this applies to your situation but my Dish Anywhere updated on my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone a couple of hours ago. The description said they had reverted back to the previous software version due to user issues with transfers.

The app was reverted to the previous version and I believe those with the transfer version of the app that has succesfully transferred and played content will not be able to transfer any additional recordings until the new version with the fix is rolled out. Also, if anyone has their app set to auto update, most likely it will update/revert to the version without transfers. So if you've transfered a recording that will play back, you may want to disable the auto update feature.

I am using FF 26 also and NO pop out. I have to F11 and it will fit but some stuff on top screen STAYS ON TOP. Would be nice to have back.

Thanks a lot for the replies! It is helpful to know that the problem is not with my system.

As others have posted, I am also not fond of the Dish Anywhere app. I liked the Dish Remote Access (DRA) app so much better! I wish that Dish had left the DRA site running...it was so much better and more reliable than Dish Anywhere!

Thanks a lot for the replies! It is helpful to know that the problem is not with my system.

As others have posted, I am also not fond of the Dish Anywhere app. I liked the Dish Remote Access (DRA) app so much better! I wish that Dish had left the DRA site running...it was so much better and more reliable than Dish Anywhere!

+1! I agree!

Ed

Just noticed the pop-out feature is no longer available when using my Chrome browser. I ran Dish Anywhere from Internet Explorer and noticed it was gone from there as well. I have the latest version of both browsers. I logged onto SatGuys to gripe and noticed someone was already on top of it! Always can count on the guys here for assistance! Would love to have it back:)

In addition to no "pop-out" full screen for Chrome or firefox on Mac no longer fills the screen, it stays as a smaller video window in full screen mode. Are others seeing this as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)