DISH Anywhere

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
I have a Hopper with sling. I have also installed Dish Anywhere on my I Phone. I also subscribe to the MLB Extra Innings package that gives me just about every MLB game. My problem is that when every I try to watch the Red Sox on the phone I get a message that says the channel is a pay per view. I live in the mountain west and the Sox are in Boston. I have no difficulties getting the games on the regular TV, but only once in a great while will I not get the pay per view message, and be allowed to watch the Sox on my phone. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone have any ideas?

I can't speak for the Extra Innings on Dish not working on Dish Anywhere, but I do subscribe to MLB.tv. I'm pretty sure you get a free MLB.tv subscription with Extra Innings. I'd just use that to view games on your phone instead of Dish Anywhere.

The only problem is that I am a Red Sox fan and MLB TV does not have them on for every game. There has to be a way as I have a friend who has no problems watching the Red Sox on his phone.

I have a Hopper with sling. I have also installed Dish Anywhere on my I Phone. I also subscribe to the MLB Extra Innings package that gives me just about every MLB game. My problem is that when every I try to watch the Red Sox on the phone I get a message that says the channel is a pay per view. I live in the mountain west and the Sox are in Boston. I have no difficulties getting the games on the regular TV, but only once in a great while will I not get the pay per view message, and be allowed to watch the Sox on my phone. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone have any ideas?
Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it?

Reactions: charlesrshell
tried that and still get the same Pay Per View message for programming that I should be able to watch on my phone.

The app has a bug with that. The way around it is to DVR all games and then access it though the DVR tab. But the note above is correct - use your MLB.TV subscription online. There are FAR more games available that way - and the quality is MUCH better since you are going right to the source and not through your home network.

The only problem is that I am a Red Sox fan and MLB TV does not have them on for every game. There has to be a way as I have a friend who has no problems watching the Red Sox on his phone.

I am a Red Sox fan in central PA and subscribe to MLB.tv - I can watch every Sox game using the app EXCEPT for games vs. the Orioles or Nats or Phillies or Pirates. Those are all considered my "local" teams, so I watch those games on the RSN on Dish or the DishAnywhere app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)