DISH Anywhere

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
I have a Hopper with sling. I have also installed Dish Anywhere on my I Phone. I also subscribe to the MLB Extra Innings package that gives me just about every MLB game. My problem is that when every I try to watch the Red Sox on the phone I get a message that says the channel is a pay per view. I live in the mountain west and the Sox are in Boston. I have no difficulties getting the games on the regular TV, but only once in a great while will I not get the pay per view message, and be allowed to watch the Sox on my phone. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone have any ideas?

I can't speak for the Extra Innings on Dish not working on Dish Anywhere, but I do subscribe to MLB.tv. I'm pretty sure you get a free MLB.tv subscription with Extra Innings. I'd just use that to view games on your phone instead of Dish Anywhere.

The only problem is that I am a Red Sox fan and MLB TV does not have them on for every game. There has to be a way as I have a friend who has no problems watching the Red Sox on his phone.

I have a Hopper with sling. I have also installed Dish Anywhere on my I Phone. I also subscribe to the MLB Extra Innings package that gives me just about every MLB game. My problem is that when every I try to watch the Red Sox on the phone I get a message that says the channel is a pay per view. I live in the mountain west and the Sox are in Boston. I have no difficulties getting the games on the regular TV, but only once in a great while will I not get the pay per view message, and be allowed to watch the Sox on my phone. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone have any ideas?
Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it?

Reactions: charlesrshell
tried that and still get the same Pay Per View message for programming that I should be able to watch on my phone.

The app has a bug with that. The way around it is to DVR all games and then access it though the DVR tab. But the note above is correct - use your MLB.TV subscription online. There are FAR more games available that way - and the quality is MUCH better since you are going right to the source and not through your home network.

The only problem is that I am a Red Sox fan and MLB TV does not have them on for every game. There has to be a way as I have a friend who has no problems watching the Red Sox on his phone.

I am a Red Sox fan in central PA and subscribe to MLB.tv - I can watch every Sox game using the app EXCEPT for games vs. the Orioles or Nats or Phillies or Pirates. Those are all considered my "local" teams, so I watch those games on the RSN on Dish or the DishAnywhere app.