Dish Applies to Move E-1 to 77 W

Dish has applied to the FCC to move the E-1 satellite to 77 W. Here is the FCC website address:

http://licensing.fcc.gov/ibfsweb/ib....nt_key=-159984

Interesting since they just withdrew their application to communicate with E8 as a "foreign satellite" at 77W. Said that E8 had not been transfered to Mexican control and was operating under temporary FCC authority.. Either they are having problems with COFETEL or there has been a change in plans.

FCC INTERNATIONAL BUREAU

Rocatman found a good one.

Another link in case you all had the same problem I had with the original.

http://licensing.fcc.gov/ibfsweb/ib.page.FetchAttachment?attachment_key=-160020

In summary Echostar has requested to move E1 from 148W to 77W as a Mexican licensed satellite. Dish will be making application to provide service from this Mexican slot into the United States using E1. E1 will be providing service along with previously licensed E8 for full 32 transponder service at 77W. E4 will be retired. The new Quetzat satellite is scheduled for 2011.

And E5 will be moving to 148 after Ceil gets on line. The first step of this musical chair exercise.

And Echostar has confirmed that they have entered into a contract to obtain service from the new Quetzat satellite

Last edited:

In summary Echostar has requested to move E1 from 148W to 77W as a Mexican licensed satellite. Dish will be making application to provide service from this Mexican slot into the United States using E1. E1 will be providing service along with previously licensed E8 for full 32 transponder service at 77W. E4 will be retired. The new Quetzat satellite is scheduled for 2011.

And E5 will be moving to 148 after Ceil gets on line. The first step of this musical chair exercise.

Thanks for the explanation and the link, the first one didn't work for me either.

In the end:

E1 and E8 ==> 77W
E5 ==> 148W

And Echostar has confirmed that they have entered into a contract to obtain service from the new Quetzat satellite

Wow that'll be a long journey for E1. I'll say this. E* is using its assets.

Their going to leave unreliable and almost out of gas at 148 all by itself? Hope there is nothing critical there. I wonder if the Ciel-2 spots will absorb the remaining locals. I think the internationals are already headed off. Hopefully Ciel-2 will only have to babysit licenses.

And E1 is 12 years old and has been moved once. It can't have much gas left, either.

148 had:

- International mirror of 61.5 which is being shut down, same as 61.5, to go to 118.7 International Slot.

- Alaska and Hawaii HD locals which will be on new Ciel-2 spotbeams.

- Several small Western SD local DMAs which will undoubtedly move to Ciel-2 spotbeams.

I did attempt to present those sat's moves graphically.
Some dates are unknown for me, feel free to correct that first column. Degree in some column slightly altered to split line and clear up a little.

Attachments

• dhsp.jpg
    dhsp.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,880
  • dhsp_d.jpg
    dhsp_d.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 271
I did attempt to present those sat's moves graphically.
Some dates are unknown for me, feel free to correct that first column. Degree in some column slightly altered to split line and clear up a little.

Smith;

This is really good work. It's a job just to keep track today let alone 10 years ago.

I like the graphical display.

If you guys will provide all critical dates, like when sat Z start moving from XXX degree, then arrived to YYY degree I could make more 'colorful' graph with marking those points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)