Dish apps for Windows phone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
At my last employer, we briefly had -A- Windows phone. After messing with it a few minutes, I made the guy return it to the salesman who suckered him into it. After that: FIRM rule: iPhones or Android. NOTHING else.

Reactions: Tampa8
Hopefully, or at least a mobile website that works for setting recordings.

I love my new Windows Phone. Other than the lack of Google apps, which I've been moving away from their services for a while now, the only missing apps left for me are Dish Anywhere and Snapchat (and 6snap works well for snapchat).

The low market share excuse goes out the window (pardon the pun) when you build a universal app, as now the app works on all the Windows 8 desktop/laptop/tablets as well.
I am going to regret answering this post, as it was in December, but something caught my eye. A DishAnywhere app does not work for Windows 8 PC's, Tablets, etc. The website, Dishanywhere.com works for tablets and laptops and computers, but there is no app for them. The app's are for Android and IoS products only.

They really should take advantage of universal apps, then they'd hit Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 at the same time.
Don't you suppose they would have done this already if it were feasible? The problem with universal apps is that they must run under one or more virtual machines and many such virtual machines may not translate all that well to wireless phone or primitive tablet hardware.

I suspect that Micro$oft has significantly oversold the utility of "universal apps" as applied to arbitrarily DRMed rich multimedia content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)