Dish apps for Windows phone

fsds

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Folsom CA
I found out that Dish does not have any apps for the Windows phone, and has no plans to make any. Windows phone is among the fastest selling cell phones according to a sales associate I recently spoke with. I hope Dish will reconsider as DirecTv has one.

"Fastest selling" because they are going by percents and they started off at such a low number.

It is by no means sure that the BSOD phone will ever have a major piece of the market. AND- there is a sad record of people who have danced with MicroSoft.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Another customer support failure! :haha:

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Windows phone will probably always be the poor stepchild, IMO.
Yeah, too bad. My Nokia WP is rock solid, more reliable and responsive than my latest Android at a similar price-point.

Last edited:
I am also a windows phone user.... the core experience is better than android/ios imo but they have severe lack of apps problem and this is one of those. Also would be nice if it also came to the windows 8 store as well (the website is a joke compared to the apps).

Do still have an android tablet so at least I am not totally locked out but it would be nice to have the app everywhere I want it.

Put me in the camp that wants Dish Anywhere on Windows Phone. They really should take advantage of universal apps, then they'd hit Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 at the same time.

Dirt members, any idea of a Windows version is in the works?

Reactions: gasman882001
Short term, you can always stream via dishanywhere.com right? It IS a windows box. :) I have a windows Tablet (HP Stream 7) but I haven't tried dish with it yet. (I use it mostly at work)

Short term, you can always stream via dishanywhere.com right? It IS a windows box. :) I have a windows Tablet (HP Stream 7) but I haven't tried dish with it yet. (I use it mostly at work)

On Windows 8, yeah, the website kinda works. Haven't tried streaming with it.

On Windows Phone 8.1, the website is a complete train wreck. I don't even need streaming video on my phone, just a good guide and a way to set recordings.

With the new developer tools and Microsoft combining the Windows Store with the Windows Phone store, one can write a universal app that will work on both. Only the UI views need be different between them. If not for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.1, then I hope they'll get something out for Windows 10.

CES is coming... maybe we will hear something there.

Hopefully, or at least a mobile website that works for setting recordings.

Here's an article about the situation:
http://betanews.com/2014/12/08/windows-phone-has-a-massive-apps-problem/
As good as the phone may be (and I don't know) it is hard to get apps written for such a minor player.
Sales Associates have been known to fib, intentionally or not.

I love my new Windows Phone. Other than the lack of Google apps, which I've been moving away from their services for a while now, the only missing apps left for me are Dish Anywhere and Snapchat (and 6snap works well for snapchat).

The low market share excuse goes out the window (pardon the pun) when you build a universal app, as now the app works on all the Windows 8 desktop/laptop/tablets as well.

We windows phone users have been asking for a dishanywhere app for YEARS. I'm beginning to think its time to move on to DirecTV. Maybe they think more of customer requests.

I've yet to find an app to work with my windows 8 tablet either.

We windows phone users have been asking for a dishanywhere app for YEARS. I'm beginning to think its time to move on to DirecTV. Maybe they think more of customer requests.

I heard DTV has an awesome Sling App.......;)

Reactions: navychop

DirectTV does not have an app that allows watching TV either on a Windows 8 phone. What makes you think DirectTV windows Phone users haven't been asking for an app for years?? How much more responsive have they been?
I would want an app for this and many other things too if I had a Windows phone, however I know just how many companies do not support Windows phones and so stayed away from it. (and for a few other reasons) Kia has said it has no plans to support that OS as an example to use with it's UVO system. When a company has a very small segment almost any sales makes it the fastest growing so that term sometimes means nothing. Windows has a whopping 4 to 4.2% share of the market in the U.S. What percentage of that are DirectTV or DISH users is anyone's guess, obviously it is tiny.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts