Dish at 61.5/72/77

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
We recently had about a foot of wet snow, and my Dish 1000 kinda acted like a birdbath collecting snow. On my old Dish 500 the snow just slid right off because of low angle, but the 1000 is pointed at such an angle that it collects everything that hits it. I tried the usual tricks like PAM and covering with a garbage bag, but the snow held on. Does anyone else have this problem?

Many have the same problem. There are a number of existing threads.

Search is your friend. I recommend you search for "heater" or "soaker".

I had the same problem. Snow loves that angle. It sucked that the dish was way up on the roof and I had to get a ladder to get up there to clear it off. It sucked even worse that I was using a SuperDish to point at 77 which means it collected even more snow.

LoTech said:
We recently had about a foot of wet snow, and my Dish 1000 kinda acted like a birdbath collecting snow. On my old Dish 500 the snow just slid right off because of low angle, but the 1000 is pointed at such an angle that it collects everything that hits it. I tried the usual tricks like PAM and covering with a garbage bag, but the snow held on. Does anyone else have this problem?

If you cannot access your dish SAFELY then a super soaker is your best bet. Might have to wait for spring to buy one though...
Some have added heat tapes to the dish with success. Personally I would go with super soaker

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Last year I had this problem once, but not this year no snow yet.
I fixed it by hooking my garden hose up to the kitchen hot water and running the hose out the window and spraying the back of the dish the snow went away in about 3 min.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts