Dish at Campground

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chris04626

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
MAine
Tried to install myself but cant get signal. My neighbor had dish come install his for him, i contacted them and told them i wanted to move my account to the camper and they refuse i said why did my neighbor get it and they said he must of went through a retailer outlet, i said no the tech said he is directly from dish network and i would need to call you before he could help me. I said i may cancel if you refuse to set up a dish i have the wiring inside the camper all done i just need a dish installed. There response was when would you like to cancel. This was even the loyalty dept.

My other neighbor has a 100.2 dish he has one cable ran from dish to his camper, would i be able to run 2 lines from his dish to my camper if they let me and run it to my solo node?

Yeah you could do that if your neighbor lets you. Probably easiest if they are cool with that.

Also, I am an internal dish tech. I have done jobs in campgrounds. Just don't tell the csr it is one and let the tech know when they call to status you on the appointment.

yeah i have 2 hoppers and 4 joeys at home, i just want to bring a hopper and a joey with me for when we are at the campground as we will be most of the time. and when at home id still have the others

Ahh you didn't mention you had a Hopper system at home. What do you mean when you say you told them you want to "move" your account? To me that means all your receivers are moved to a new location if you are asking DISH to move your account and do an install. They are not going to be too keen on leaving equipment at one location and move others to another.
I bet if you wanted a 211K that you owned installed they would do it with no problem. Technically you are not allowed to have some DISH receivers at one residence and others at another location, unless you are doing it with a 211K for "tailgating" or for a situation like camping.
You need a local retailer/installer to do what you want if they are willing to.

well, I cant help in person but you never know. somebody on here might. other wise, provided you have the node with you, two lines from the neighbors dish will do it. its even possible you can run a single line without the node and hook it to the hopper, you should be able to watch live tv, you just wont have all 3 tuners or joey capability.

They already have one line ran down here for the previous campers. I need to wait till they show up to see if they have a free spot open. If not ask them if I can set my dish up beside there'sthere's

They have one lined from the dish to their camper and one line ran to my site. The other line from dish is not connected to anything. I'm hoping I can run that to my site as well. But they may want to keep that tuner free

Depending on someone else to be within reach seems like quite a reach. Have you determined that setting up your own dish isn't possible due to tree cover or something?

Having someone (perhaps in a YouTube video) show you how to set up a dish seems like a much easier solution. I have a dish set up that has a compass mounted to it and I just drop it on level ground and line up the compass arrow with a line on the dish mount. It takes less than a minute once I get the cable laid out.

Using an accurate source of aiming information is imperative. http://www.dishpointer.com is easy to use.

I can set up the dish fine did it at my house before coming to campground. There is too much tree cover at my lot. My neighbor sits up a little higher and is back away from the trees

well, for the time being, you should take the live line that runs to your site and hook it into your hopper. you may be surprised. it may come right on and allow you to watch tv.
the 2nd line and the node are required to power the whole system, extra tuners, joeys, etc.
cant hurt to try.

I plugged the line that comes to my lot into my node. It allowed all channels to work on my hopper but not the Joey of course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)