Dish Audit team stupid or ???

alex06

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Today I was audited, I received the damn phone call, and I pass the audit without any problem at all, the CSR only asked me for the R00 numbers and device installed after that he asked me to fax him an utility bill now I am in trouble since I am nowhere near my service address is, and offcourse getting a phone, electric, or gas bill to match the service address is quite impossible, so he told me that my 722 ird will not be activated until I fax this to them, I asked him if he could make my 722 the primary receiver and deactivate the 211, after being on hold for 10 minutes he said NO, so I answer ok I would like to cancel my account oh they're legs started to shake, he gave me all kinds of crap since I am a good paying customer, and he said to me OK would you like to setup a NEW account for the 722 and since I dont care I said yes........so he built the account I didnt even give him my SSN and I came up with an address that I made up in my mind, and now I have two accounts and offcourse no installation service require.......

So in summary I am guessing that D is loosing so much subs, and now they would do anything in order to keep you as a customer, from my point of view ok I am now paying double for a service that I have under my same roof, but if this is the price to pay for US MOVERS, fine by me.

Thanks

I clicked this thread thinking I would see another person being wrongfully accused by the audit team of stealing.

Instead, It doesn't sound like you passed the audit like you claim. And they are dumb (as you put it) because you let them at least double your monthly bill?

Are you okay with paying on a 2nd account including possible new/startup account/installation fees? There's probably also a new 2 year commitment for the new account. You know they probably just imported your SSN from your other account and if they didn't, most credit reporting agencies have your phone number on your credit report. As for giving them a fake address, that can also be reported to credit agencies and screwup the accuracy of your credit report which can be an issue for you down the road.

What do you mean you got audited? I've never heard of anything like this before...Is this something, as a "mover" I should be worried about? I mean I pay all my bills on time and have had no problems whatsoever, basically all I "moved" for was to recieve a different areas local HD channels..

I think the OP is in Mexico City in case you have not seen some of his posting history.

What is so ironic is that despite thinking he pulled one over on them, he is on here posting his specifics about it.

The crosshairs are closing in mi amigo!

I think the OP is in Mexico City in case you have not seen some of his posting history.

What is so ironic is that despite thinking he pulled one over on them, he is on here posting his specifics about it.

The crosshairs are closing in mi amigo!

What does being in Mexico City have anything to do with him being audited?

You know what I would tell them? To screw themselves and to shut it off RIGHT NOW THIS VERY INSTANT NOW NOW! I wouldn't take that crap at all.

He admitted and gave US 2 different TX addresses so now he is paying for 2 accounts. Score 1 for dish audit team.

Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like he's JUST the type of subscriber they DON'T want. Of course, I COULD be missing his point, but how are you nowhere near you service address, but have your R00 numbers, etc with you? Sounds like you ARE stacking or something else that violates the TOS...

If I'm wrong, I apologize...please clarify.

What does being in Mexico City have anything to do with him being audited?

Bogus addresses have to do with being audited. A lot of new addresses also get audited. Dish runs a check to get your 9 digit and when they cant find one you get the call for utility bill to show the addy is legit.

Just wonder about his smartcard situation.

Just tell them you are living off the grid. You do not have utility bills since you generate all your own power, have a well and septic tank.

Or you could just photoshop a bill real quick, they would not be able to tell through a fax machine. Just say you do not have a fax machine and you will have to go to a store, so it will be a while.

more info

Ok guys first I am NOT stacking I have 2 irds, one 211 one 722, in my house, I have my valid address in TX which I use as my billing address but in order to get my locals I need a NYC address, I been a customer for 2 and half years, and until today I was audited, since I passed the audit that confirms I am not a bad customer.

Now as some of you said am I outside of the US, well yes unfortunately my job was outsource and I end up in America's backyard, but this doesnt mean I must stand for crap tv,,,,and doing this keeps me closer my country.

Since I knew all about this audit sh*t before I signed up for the first time I did NOT gave my SSN, anyway what I meant was that Dish audit team will look away knowing that you are not where suppouse to be. and the new account does not have any commintment or anything like that, everything is owned.

And as far for coming up with an utility bill, can someone please explain me how to get one from an address that exits but no ONE is there.

and regarding my smartcard situation well guys I received them as any of you guys did.

Ok guys first I am NOT stacking I have 2 irds, one 211 one 722, in my house, I have my valid address in TX which I use as my billing address but in order to get my locals I need a NYC address, I been a customer for 2 and half years, and until today I was audited, since I passed the audit that confirms I am not a bad customer.

Now as some of you said am I outside of the US, well yes unfortunately my job was outsource and I end up in America's backyard, but this doesnt mean I must stand for crap tv,,,,and doing this keeps me closer my country.

Since I knew all about this audit sh*t before I signed up for the first time I did NOT gave my SSN, anyway what I meant was that Dish audit team will look away knowing that you are not where suppouse to be. and the new account does not have any commintment or anything like that, everything is owned.

And as far for coming up with an utility bill, can someone please explain me how to get one from an address that exits but no ONE is there.

and regarding my smartcard situation well guys I received them as any of you guys did.

and almost forgot about this one was connected to my VoIP phone line

So your billing address is TX, your service address is NYC and your in Mexico? Is that correct? And they want a utility bill from your service address?

I had a simmilar situation about 2 years ago when I setup an account for my girlfriend in her apartment.

I did everything ligitiment but had the bill to and physical address listed at the UPS Store where I pick up my mail. I didn't have the address for her apartment when she first got it and figured what the hell difference does it make if the physical address is the same as the bill to address, its not like Dish is going to send anyone out there and service it because im doing my own installation.

So anyways, got the same call from the audit department and passed everything with flying colors and even had my phone line hooked up there, and then they still asked for the dam utility bill.

Went round and round and round with those idiots for another week, finally gave in and updated the physical address on the account to her apartment so it was all ligit...

I go back to the mailbox to get my mail, and low and behold since I pay her utilities also, I had a copy of the utility bill with the correct address on it. I was not expecting to get them since I had everything on autopay.

But the very fact they are asking for Utility bills means that they don't believe you.

Its very sad that Dish is set to loose another 25,000 + customers again this quarter and we got the audit department going around harrasing customers again to the point where they just get pist off and disconnect.

Is it really worth the lost customers at this point?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)