Dish Audit team stupid or ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think this post caught a lot of attention from everyone, like some of you said this is merely for account stacking purposes, if Dish knows that those addresses are bogus, why they didnt shut them off.....instead they setup a new one right away so I wouldnt cancel the account and this call became a loss of a customer.

everybody knows that there is a lot of us out there with different service addresses than our real ones just because we like or need the local channels from other market.

from my end the result of this is two bills.......and cant do anything but at least I'm still watching tv......

Except when dish calls to verify you are a current customer of your utility company they find out you commited fraud a second time with another bogus address.

I doubt they would waste their time doing that. But if they did call my utility company, I highly doubt they would give Dish any information about me, or my address, to somebody claiming to be an auditor from Dish.

I doubt they would waste their time doing that. But if they did call my utility company, I highly doubt they would give Dish any information about me, or my address, to somebody claiming to be an auditor from Dish.

+1.

These companies wouldn't even talk to God about your account unless you gave them some sort of permission.

He admitted and gave US 2 different TX addresses so now he is paying for 2 accounts. Score 1 for dish audit team.

Yup, from Dish's point of view, the OP is now paying the new service rate (unofficial) for "moving." I have no doubt this move by the Audit team was on paper as a fallback position. Believe me, when Auditing hung-up with the OP, she no doubt started laughing and told her comrades around her about how she just got more money--a whole separate account and its costs to the sub--from another disingenuous customer. Dish got pretty much the same if the OP had been forthcoming about his real situation. So, Auditing was a success! This sounds like a scheme Charlie would think of to get more money out of certain subs he views--not my view necessarily--as frauds:) I personally don't have a big problem with those who chose to "move" and Dish knows about them, but "moving" is a risk each person takes ready for the consequences. Dish got exactly what they wanted: a separate account for at least one of his boxes. Man, the cost of those 2 bills will be a budget buster. Now, all seems right from Dish's point of view. At least until the next audit.

Last edited:
Does Dish even audit single box accounts? What would be the point? The only reason I see for audits is account stacking.

A single box with locals and minimal service could be a small price for some to pay for locals.

Single Box

Does Dish even audit single box accounts? What would be the point? The only reason I see for audits is account stacking.

A single box with locals and minimal service could be a small price for some to pay for locals.

DISH wont audit single box accounts because if they do they would find out that at least 15 or 20 % percent of their paying customers are not where there suppouse to be, so whats the point if they would audit the end result is cacellation.

DISH wont audit single box accounts because if they do they would find out that at least 15 or 20 % percent of their paying customers are not where there suppouse to be, so whats the point if they would audit the end result is cacellation.

15 or 20 percent...I highly doubt that. Maybe here on this forum but not as the customers as whole.

When I had dish a few years ago, the audit team called me a few times when I only had one receiver. They wanted some numbers from an info screen each time. They had my correct address and never asked for a utility bill. I remember they acted very immature and even made threats that they were going to close my account the times when I wasn't home and they had called my cellphone. It was one of the reasons I dumped them.

If you had other receivers on the account in the past but are no long active on the account but still on record as having been on the account in the past then they might have considered those receivers that they felt like they had to do an audit on the deactivated receivers like they did with me.

When you get rid of a receiver you need to call them and have it "released" from your account, otherwise they still think you have it even if deactivated. They audit since you could activate it at any time.

If you had other receivers on the account in the past but are no long active on the account but still on record as having been on the account in the past then they might have considered those receivers that they felt like they had to do an audit on the deactivated receivers like they did with me.
Hmmm ... how exactly am I going to get the correct numbers off of a deactivated receiver that I've either (1) put in a closet, (2) sold, (3) thrown out? Other than Channel 101, what can I watch on a deactivated receiver that would concern Dish?

DN Audits

Every few years, DN conducts an audit sweep to reduce stacking. They're in one of these cycles right now, and several people have had their accounts limited. During these audits, DN often "nabs" users outside the US although that's not their intention.

Here are some main "red flags:"

1. Having two or more receivers on the same account that are not connected to a US phone line capable of dialing the mother ship.
  2. Using a fictitious US physical address. If they become suspicious, DN can and will detect these.
  3. Using an address in a commercially zoned building as the physical address for non commercial accounts. DN can look up and identify commercial buildings.
If your account is suspect, DN will call or shut off one ore more boxes and wait for you to call them. They will then ask you to go to each box and read off data from the System Info screen. Even when the receivers are in the same household they may still flag an account and ask for additional verification such as a utility bill.

The suspect account is then referred to DN's Equipment Verification department, and the additional receivers are shut off and "tagged." They cannot be re activated into the account until the EV Dept releases them. Simply changing the service address won't work as long as it's still tied to the same account holder. It can be a real hassle to get these accounts unlocked but it can be done.

Best to have multi receiver accounts connected to a US-capable phone line. Especially if you're outside the US, you definitely should have a Vonage or Net2Phone VoIP line connected to the boxes. (Note: VoIP can be a problem if you're also on satellite Internet thru HughesNet or Starband since these services provide really poor VoIP support).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)