Dish beats profit estimates and add customers

What the heck does this mean?

Dish has attempted to boost its online streaming service, Sling TV, by allowing viewers to watch both live and on-demand TV channels including ... Warner Media’s HBO. The effort paid off as the unit added 220,000 subscribers, compared with the previous quarter.

HBO?!

Does Sling account for part of Dish's "payTV business"? If so, they still lost satellite customers. 220k added w/sling, but only added 148k total, so doesn't that mean they lost 72k from satellite?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've been with Dish for over 20 years now. I have supported them all along. For what we get, Dish is a good deal. I recently compared Dish to Direct & Spectrum. First of all, I do do not count the first year deals, because I don't care to switch from carrier to carrier constantly. But considering the regular price, Dish has the best deal. I wish Dish carried a few channels Direct/Spectrum has like CNNI, BBC World (reg packages) and Aspire, but still Dish is good. They do carry several diginets you cannot get OTA here or on Direct. Streaming is still a ways off for me. Okay as an add on, but I would miss out on too much.

Soon we should hear the price increases to dish....To add to those profits!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)